New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
not a WUM by any means , so you put us a head of Leicester at present because of our history although they have won the premier league and Fa Cup in the last say 6 years, Spurs have been in the Champions league final we cant even qualify for it, i was putting Arsenal in that bracket as that's were i think they are competing at present for 5th and 6th place, what do you think defines a big club?
If Brentford win the league next year, are they a bigger club than us?

if you said yes to that statement, (for me) it would be an extrapolation to the nth degree of what you’re suggesting re: Leicester & West Ham to me.

I wasn't overly worked up about it at the time, but that and his "facts" rant just demonstrated a snide outlook towards rivals that just didn't sit well with me. His smiley demeanour always seemed a bit false after that, more of a sneer towards his critics.

If he does get the job I won't be watching any of the pressers etc. I just don't like looking at him or listening to him.
He's one of those managers who genuinely believes nothing is his fault. It's always "the owner doesn't support me", "the PL and the FA are biased against us", "the other team played in a way that didn't suit my tactics and the fact I can't change my tactics to adjust for that is apparently somebody else's fault" etc..

He's a baby. A big fat baby.

Leonardo resigned, I am not sticking up for Leonardo, merely pointing out that managed to get a tune out of the players the Benitez was clearly struggling with.

Ha, comparing the SuperCoppa and the CWC to an actual trophy, they are glorified friendly matches. Scraping the barrel there

Rafael won the Coppa Italia with Napoli. But according to people on here he hasn't won anything in the last decade. So thanks for clarifying that the Coppa Italia is an actual trophy

The culture would change for the...better, I think. At least that players would have their feet held to the fire, finally. Nothing else is guaranteed. Football is football is football. There hasn't been an innovation in football in a while, simply reintroduction of tactics like Klopp/Conte/etc.
He'll keep on the old guard in the coaching staff. Moshiri and Bill seem to think that makes us a family club or some other sentimental nonsense, the culture will be exactly the same. He's hardly going to come in and energise the place is he, a sextigenarian who's just been in semi-retirement?

He's one of those managers who genuinely believes nothing is his fault. It's always "the owner doesn't support me", "the PL and the FA are biased against us", "the other team played in a way that didn't suit my tactics and the fact I can't change my tactics to adjust for that is apparently somebody else's fault" etc..

Very much this. The Newcastle fans lapped that up as they all blamed Ashley for the shortcomings on the pitch.
He’ll throw Brands under the bus by February.

Rafael won the Coppa Italia with Napoli. But according to people on here he hasn't won anything in the last decade. So thanks for clarifying that the Coppa Italia is an actual trophy

Nice deflection, so you agree with me that he was struggling at Inter?

The culture would change for the...better, I think. At least that players would have their feet held to the fire, finally. Nothing else is guaranteed. Football is football is football. There hasn't been an innovation in football in a while, simply reintroduction of tactics like Klopp/Conte/etc.
Honestly this has been said about every manager since Moyes left. The most likely way to change the culture of the club is to bring in someone who makes the club their own, a bit like Moyes did here, or Klopp or Guardiola etc are doing now. If - for example - Potter came in and said 'right we're going to play this way, we have a long term plan and unless you show me you're capable of fitting in then you won't be part of it' then the culture can change over time. The idea that the culture is going to be changed by a disciplinarian coming in and shouting at people is painfully outdated. Particularly when that disciplinarian isn't liked by the fan base and the players know it.

Last edited:

If Brentford win the league next year, are they a bigger club than us?

if you said yes to that statement, (for me) it would be an extrapolation to the nth degree of what you’re suggesting re: Leicester & West Ham to me.
so tell me whats a big club sorry to burst your bubble but Everton at present are not a big club used to be , if we were a big club we wouldn't be looking through the list we are at present for a manager

We sound a bit childish pointing these things out, but it is an emotive reaction. I am quite surprised by the strength my own dislike for the man, as I usually tend to give people a fair go. If he gets it we can only hope he proves us wrong.

so tell me whats a big club sorry to burst your bubble but Everton at present are not a big club used to be , if we were a big club we wouldn't be looking through the list we are at present for a manager
Rangers & Celtic play in a pub league and neither have barely created a dent in European competition for about 40 odd years and they are both still massive clubs. You don't just stop being a big club. If Arsenal got relegated and languished in the championship for the next 10 years they would still be a bigger club than most in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.