New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So just to confirm. You’d Arsenal West Ham Leicester & Spurs all as ‘bigger’ more successful clubs than us… right?

And you’re not a WUM?
not a WUM by any means , so you put us a head of Leicester at present because of our history although they have won the premier league and Fa Cup in the last say 6 years, Spurs have been in the Champions league final we cant even qualify for it, i was putting Arsenal in that bracket as that's were i think they are competing at present for 5th and 6th place, what do you think defines a big club?

I get what you’re saying too to be fair but I don’t see why they should control the narrative in the media in this instance. As long as whoever is being approached for the job knows the score and the key people at the club know the plan then as much as it’s nervy times for us fans, it is what it is we’ll just have to wait and see. Whether we find out today or end of next week won’t change how we feel about the situation and as long as decisions are being made then I’m ok.
Yeah i don't really mean to spare our feelings or anything. What I mean is the club are being made out to be incompetent in the press, it's being reported that they can't agree on who to appoint, that Moshiri is on a power trip going over Brands' head, that they're worried about the reaction from the fans but might just press ahead anyway etc. Because we haven't actually said anything at any point, that is what the majority of people will believe to be the case. There is a time for keeping your powder dry and your lips sealed, and there's a time for telling people what you're doing/planning and giving reassurance. I think this situation very much called for the latter, and we've gone for the former. I deal with this type of thing in my job, and there's absolutely no way i'd be sitting back letting the media spin this narrative for weeks without doing anything to counter it, even if indirectly.

And if Benitez had said ‘they are a less attractive club’ then I’d have agreed with him Then and now. But he said ‘small club’ because he’s a toddler that didn’t like not winning in the derby and getting grief for it.

but he didn’t, which is part of the reason why I don’t want him anywhere near us
Ohh i don't want him anywhere near us and have said that on many an occasion here. The main reason i don't want him is that he is a dinosaur

Inappropriate Language
It wasn't really a major disrespect. It was a minor off the cuff remark while he was coaching our main rivals and we had frustrated him with a 0-0 draw.

I really don't understand why people still get themselves so worked up over trivial matters like this
Must say, this is spot on.

Couldn't give two s*its about the 'small club' thing he said years ago... I just think he's a busted flush either way.

The Facht that we have a spectrum of Fans that goes from 'he is ok' to "we hate and despise him" is a concern. Usually the spectrum runs from 'good choice' to "not my first choice but lets see how he does".
This appointment would be hugely divisive, detrimental to the club, the playing staff and the fans. I am not sure I unerstand why the Board would even consider it.

If Everton had anything about them they'd have Duncan sitting at a table and Benitez coming up and serving him in a waiter outfit as the intro video.
lol lol lol yes it should be announced with that video

I'm not rewriting history. Their squad was ridiculously old. That last season of Mourinhos was a typical Jose season, leave the club in the [Poor language removed]. He could have started a rebuild job, but he chose not to.

Rafael tried to get rid of the old guard and they went against him. Rafael told the board that they needed a rebuild, they disagreed and said they have just won the treble, so you should be able to carry on the work.

A lot of managers do it, so I don't know why you're surprised. Jose is notorious for it. Fergie did the same before he left Utd too. Leaving the next manager to try and pick up the pieces and try and rebuild. The problem is they usually end up looking like they've ruined the good work like Moyes at Utd.
Or, alternatively, they did just ruin the good work of the previous, much more successful managers. It's a less complicated conclusion but makes fewer assumptions, so I'm going to stick with that.

I know what you're saying but I disagree slightly. Well run businesses would have taken control of this situation and put their own spin on things, whereas we've allowed the spin to come from elsewhere. Whatever is actually happening, the majority opinion is going to be that we've made a mess of this process, and that isn't going to be helpful for whoever comes in. The radio silence hasn't been appropriate this time in my opinion.

I heard on a podcast the other day someone summed it up as akin to having a policy that we will say nothing without telling anyone we have a policy of saying nothing. It's really no surprise there is some confusion, and the club seem to just think the fans can read their minds.

Hope they are in parallel negotiations with at least one other manager if Benitez falls through, we don't the luxury of starting the process all over.

It is better to take time, but time is running out. This has to be sorted by the end of the month at the latest.

I doubt that is happening. I would say if Benitez doesn't come it will end up being Ferguson.

No, we should be aiming for a coach who will take us up the table or at least changing the culture at the club. I can't see Benitez doing either.
The culture would change for the...better, I think. At least that players would have their feet held to the fire, finally. Nothing else is guaranteed. Football is football is football. There hasn't been an innovation in football in a while, simply reintroduction of tactics like Klopp/Conte/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.