New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not rewriting history. Their squad was ridiculously old. That last season of Mourinhos was a typical Jose season, leave the club in the [Poor language removed]. He could have started a rebuild job, but he chose not to.

Rafael tried to get rid of the old guard and they went against him. Rafael told the board that they needed a rebuild, they disagreed and said they have just won the treble, so you should be able to carry on the work.

A lot of managers do it, so I don't know why you're surprised. Jose is notorious for it. Fergie did the same before he left Utd too. Leaving the next manager to try and pick up the pieces and try and rebuild. The problem is they usually end up looking like they've ruined the good work like Moyes at Utd.
There may be a lot of truth in your defence of his recent record, but the reasons you give can equally be viewed as excuses for his recent lack of success.

Either way, I don't feel he is the right man for Everton: too much baggage and at the wrong end of the age spectrum.

Top level football is young man's game, and I feel we need to be looking at younger managers who still feel they have something to prove, and might be more adaptable than seasoned veterans. For all his past success, Ancelotti essentially failed here - he showed he wasn't up for the fight, and that is my overriding concern about giving a last big pay day to older managers.

There are some who hear stuff. Problem here is they few that do have all the same info now.

Other forums were saying Big Sam was staying and he was sacked within days.

The noises suggest to me that Benitez is likely, but I am not convinced anyone really knows what's going on. The media have been a bit all over the place with this. 2 weeks ago it was NES who was about to be appointed, and the search is still ongoing. I reckon the club are probably a bit all over the place themselves.

If Everton had anything about them they'd have Duncan sitting at a table and Benitez coming up and serving him in a waiter outfit as the intro video.
0_Peter-Kay.jpg

What’s the difference between what Dom King reported 6 days ago and what Joyce said yesterday? Same thing painted a new color and ran as “news” to gain subscriptions

What am I supposed to do with that ? I want to use a middle finger but I spat out my tea over my Rooney pyjamas .
I honestly thought you would be one of the last ones to lose hope. I remember a time when you thought Mo was coming back to the team , taking names and yellow cards . What happened to you man ?
Ive thought long and hard over the last week and I still cant think of a worse manager than Benitez.

When we signed Kone I wanted to cry, when we appointed Martinez I wanted to cry, Koeman, Silva, all brought me to tears, but this, it makes me want to jump off a bridge.

Everybody has a line.

Other forums were saying Big Sam was staying and he was sacked within days.

The noises suggest to me that Benitez is likely, but I am not convinced anyone really knows what's going on. The media have been a bit all over the place with this. 2 weeks ago it was NES who was about to be appointed, and the search is still ongoing. I reckon the club are probably a bit all over the place themselves.
Its up to you mate what you want to believe and what not to. But things have changed in the last week . One poster has been more or less spot on with the timing of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.