New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, I’m not saying we have a bottom 3 squad and are doomed, but if you don’t see the warning signs that the club is being run shambolically then I don’t think anything I say is going to help. We’re looking for our 6th manager in as many years and the current favourite is someone who AT LEAST 75% of the fan base will not get behind. The atmosphere will be toxic, we have players who wilt and will be playing in front of home crowds baying for blood, and other players who will be quite happy to hide behind a manager who is less popular than them, knowing the flack will be directed at their boss and not them. It’s a recipe for absolute disaster, and to be perfectly honest there’s currently no way I see this course not ending in relegation in the next few years. There’s only so long you can get away with being an absolute basket case of a club and we are sailing extremely close to the wind.

I'll be honest if the option was 8th-12th every season or the rollercoaster ride that my Villa season ticket holder mate has had in recent years of going down, clearing the decks, new cheap away days with proper fanbases followed by a play off final win at wembley with his young lad seeing some form of success regardless of how small then I wouldn't be arsed with the latter.

The problem is outside of the top 6 cartel PL fans have become brainwashed into thinking paying extortionate prices to watch overpaid players decide when to turn up is amazing and merely surviving in the Premier League is some form of success.

Unless you are actually competing for Europe regulary and/or winning trophies modern day top flight football and the matchday experience has become so diluted added in with the farce of VAR sucking any joy out of being able to even celebate a goal.

Maybe im just falling out of love with the game but I prefer to watch Championship football over Champions League these days.

The reds on their various forums are absolutely fuming at the prospect of one of their greats joining us.

I’d take him in a heartbeat. He’s won La Liga twice with mediocre teams, as well as the FA Cup and the Champions League.

The “small team” jibe didn’t infuriate me as much as it did others. He was obviously referring to our underdog status. Don’t forget we’d just finished 17th.

Yes, sadly our fan-base is abusive to all our players and all our managers these days.

We even hounded out Stones and Barkley.
Do you mean the online fan base or the match attenders? I do not recall any hounding out at any match I was at, which is all of them. You must be a fantasist.

We had sam Lee ffs. Atleast this one could possibly do a competent job.
Sam Lee guided us to 8th. What exactly wasn't competent about him? If it was the dreadful football boy are you in for a surprise with benitez.... oh god look at what you've done, you've made me defend Sammy lee

Status
Not open for further replies.