New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reds on their various forums are absolutely fuming at the prospect of one of their greats joining us.

I’d take him in a heartbeat. He’s won La Liga twice with mediocre teams, as well as the FA Cup and the Champions League.

The “small team” jibe didn’t infuriate me as much as it did others. He was obviously referring to our underdog status. Don’t forget we’d just finished 17th.

his one saving grace is how much he's done for the city as a whole. still should be nowhere near the job but I think he truly does live the city of Liverpool.

The reds on their various forums are absolutely fuming at the prospect of one of their greats joining us.

I’d take him in a heartbeat. He’s won La Liga twice with mediocre teams, as well as the FA Cup and the Champions League.

The “small team” jibe didn’t infuriate me as much as it did others. He was obviously referring to our underdog status. Don’t forget we’d just finished 17th.

15+ years ago.

No we hadn’t, it was 2007.

Not that I read RAWK but can’t imagine any Liverpool fan reacting to this is any way but laughing at us.

There are plenty of teams that probably thought being in the top half meant they were established PL teams, Stoke, Watford, Sheffield United, Bournemouth, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Leeds, Swansea, Sunderland, Ipswich, Wigan, Portsmouth, Coventry, Derby, Forest. Some with trophies, some with shiny new grounds, some with fantastic histories and some with decent players and a bit of money. No-one is safe.
Bolton, Fulham, Wolves, West Brom, Aston Villa, Reading, Norwich...

Definitely had not just came 17th

He achieved all of that a long time ago too. A long long time.

I think it will be similar to when Allardyce appointed. A lot of unhappy fans. Some moaned throughout his tenure as they just couldn't accept him. For me it will be the same as the Allardyce appointment. I will always support the club but would take a back seat view whilst Rafael is appointed and just wait until he has gone. Concentrate on other sports I enjoy in the interim.
What do you mean by that? Does it mean you do not go anyway, if so what is the problem? Or do you really mean you will give up your season ticket if you have one?

Look, I’m not saying we have a bottom 3 squad and are doomed, but if you don’t see the warning signs that the club is being run shambolically then I don’t think anything I say is going to help. We’re looking for our 6th manager in as many years and the current favourite is someone who AT LEAST 75% of the fan base will not get behind. The atmosphere will be toxic, we have players who wilt and will be playing in front of home crowds baying for blood, and other players who will be quite happy to hide behind a manager who is less popular than them, knowing the flack will be directed at their boss and not them. It’s a recipe for absolute disaster, and to be perfectly honest there’s currently no way I see this course not ending in relegation in the next few years. There’s only so long you can get away with being an absolute basket case of a club and we are sailing extremely close to the wind.
I agree with most of what you are saying mate. But if he is appointed (it is not our choice) we need to support him.
I have no doubt our owner(s) will support him in the transfer market.
I cannot see any of the other realistic candidates that we are linked with being particularly appealing either

Maybe we should give Terry venables a call, he won la liga too

Status
Not open for further replies.