New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help thinking we are being softened up by dripping feeding to the media various names ........

And then, POW

Everton Football Club announce Leonid Slutsky as their new manager with immediate effect

Make it happen, Mr Mosh

…to be fair, a number of very decent away results & good away form. His problems were at home, not having the personnel or organisation to put teams under sustained pressure at Goodison, we were sitting ducks.
I think Eggs that Carlo must take a lot of the blame for the poor performances at home.

We saw in a few games how innovative he was away from home, winning a game without a striker playing for instance, but at home he kept repeating the same mistake while apparently expecting a different result each time.

I think if Carlo had stayed and we had recruited well that we would have had a good season 21/22.
I think the lure of Madrid and maybe the realisation that he just didn't have the energy for a long term project like Everton meant that he ran away rather than walked.

Somebody can't count. That says 10 games, but then again that wouldn't suit your narrative, his first game in charge I believe came 2 days after his appointment, so barely even met the team. He actually only had 9 games to save them.

Hahahaha of course, the narrative goes out the window due to a typo. He still had a game in hand on Sunderland, and 9 left “to save them”. Let’s take a look at where Sunderland escaped from under Gus Poyet a couple of seasons earlier:

9D46B25A-5AA5-4F41-82A2-8895BC80955C.png

Anyway, enough about Ancelotti, think I'm still reeling over it a bit to be honest :pint2:

Utterly depressing all of this Nuno & Benitez talk, though. Deffo, deffo gonna be a case of 'we didn't realise what we had until it was gone'...

Which is a perfectly rational and acceptable position to hold.

It's the "I'M DONE WITH EVERTON IF Rafael GETS IT" that I find incredible

I would say that Rafael has perhaps a bit more to do to seek forgive as for his previous egregious sins; buying everyone a round at The Brick whilst singing about the Royal Blue Mersey would help.

There is obviously stuff going on behind the scenes that we are all unaware of, whether that's conversations with Benitez or discussions with Nuno about his entourage or sounding out any interest from Conte. What surprises me is there aren't more rumours about a wider field of candidates (Potter, Galtier, Fonseca, Rangnick, Garcia). That all seems to have gone quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.