New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree completely.

Whilst the performances petered out and were largely meh for a good two thirds of the season that's simply because his hand was forced and his 'senior' players let him down badly, which is well documented to a man. That is despite some actual fantastic performances on the flip side of that coin (first third of the season) and some equally great results including Anfield and the Emirates. We ended the season with a better return overall than the previous two.

There's no way those performances would've carried on into next season, I was confident of that, but now unfortunately we'll never truly know.

My point still stands - he wasn't 'failing' whilst he was here.. he failed because he walked away and that's it.
You are being EXTREMELY generous to categorize them simply as "meh".

For me he was. The three previous managers all had one good good enjoyable season. Not Carlo. Crap start to end. He gave us one good month.
We were literally 2nd on boxing day.

Crap for the rest of the season after boxing day fair do's but it is just wrong to say we were crap from start to end because we were pretty good at times in the first half of the season. Still glad he has gone mind because that 2nd half of the season was some of the poorest footy i have seen from us in donkeys years and man did we waste our best opportunity for a high finish in years although a lot of that was down to them same players that have downed tools to about 5 managers now.

We were literally 2nd on boxing day.

Crap for the rest of the season after boxing day fair do's but it is just wrong to say we were crap from start to end because we were pretty good at times in the first half of the season. Still glad he has gone mind because that 2nd half of the season was some of the poorest footy i have seen from us in donkeys years and man did we waste our best opportunity for a high finish in years although a lot of that was down to them same players that have downed tools to about 5 managers now.
We won something like four straight games in December and weren't particularly good in any of them

I said it all through his time, if there were signs of progress it wouldn't matter what the results were but the signs were never there and ultimately that's a failure. He knew it too.
To be fair to him with the players at his disposal and injuries at key times he didn't really have much of a chance. Every time we had to take the game to a side the failings of the squad were evident. And sadly any of the top managers will have seen enough to know that the poor squad will be like a millstone before they get anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.