New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just appoint Nuno for godsakes we need to get on with transfers we need five or six players if we are honest. People being underwhelmed by him is fine but I think he would prove to be a good manager for us.
Puzzling that posters assume that anyone who takes the job will have the same outcome that he did with a different team in a different city with a totally different group of players.

They we’re pretty much already
Relegated when he took over. They we’re a right mess.

The table says otherwise. 1 point adrift with a game in hand, with 11 games left.

951A773E-9E9D-4A2C-8D6B-9A96D7A97716.png

The table says otherwise. 1 point adrift with a game in hand, with 11 games left.

View attachment 130736

Somebody can't count. That says 10 games, but then again that wouldn't suit your narrative, his first game in charge I believe came 2 days after his appointment, so barely even met the team. He actually only had 9 games to save them.

I said it all through his time, if there were signs of progress it wouldn't matter what the results were but the signs were never there and ultimately that's a failure. He knew it too.
Disagree completely.

Whilst the performances petered out and were largely meh for a good two thirds of the season that's simply because his hand was forced and his 'senior' players let him down badly, which is well documented to a man. That is despite some actual fantastic performances on the flip side of that coin (first third of the season) and some equally great results including Anfield and the Emirates. We ended the season with a better return overall than the previous two.

There's no way those performances would've carried on into next season, I was confident of that, but now unfortunately we'll never truly know.

My point still stands - he wasn't 'failing' whilst he was here.. he failed because he walked away and that's it.

Disagree completely.

Whilst the performances petered out and were largely meh for a good two thirds of the season that's simply because his hand was forced and his 'senior' players let him down badly, which is well documented to a man. That is despite some actual fantastic performances on the flip side of that coin (first third of the season) and some equally great results including Anfield and the Emirates. We ended the season with a better return overall than the previous two.

There's no way those performances would've carried on into next season, I was confident of that, but now unfortunately we'll never truly know.

My point still stands - he wasn't 'failing' whilst he was here.. he failed because he walked away and that's it.
Carlo is gone. After 18 months, the status is a tenth place, and the worst football since the Walter Smith period. Let it be, move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.