New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin’s husband is a Wolves fan. Here’s is take on Nuno.
—————————

I love him and he did incredible things for us but the time had come for a change. The pandemic really hit us. I think we had momentum at the time and could have made champions league but we just weren't the same team after the restart. Losing Jota and Doc then the Jimenez injury were obviously major blows but overall the team looked tired and short of ideas.

Nuno pros:
Great at improving/empowering players (see Coady and Doherty)

Good at building a team identity and pattern of play

Good at instilling belief and positive team spirit

Nuno cons:
Too cautious and defensive at times,.too rigidly bound to aforementioned pattern (tbf he did try and change it last season but lacked the players)

Slow to address glaring problems - we've needed a centre back/centre mid for years

Set pieces (offensively and defensively) poor

Zonal marking - no likey

He'll start well and will be solid but thinga have a tendency to go stale. Has favourites. Didn't play some of our exciting kids until late in season but things needed refreshing.sooner.

From an EFC perspective - probably a Marco Silva part II - sorry. But who knows?

Good luck!!
——————————

Willing to give him a chance, but looks like more of the same....

Marco Silva part 2, from a Wolves fan.

Let's stop the charade please. This is a disaster of an appointment.

My cousin’s husband is a Wolves fan. Here’s is take on Nuno.
—————————

I love him and he did incredible things for us but the time had come for a change. The pandemic really hit us. I think we had momentum at the time and could have made champions league but we just weren't the same team after the restart. Losing Jota and Doc then the Jimenez injury were obviously major blows but overall the team looked tired and short of ideas.

Nuno pros:
Great at improving/empowering players (see Coady and Doherty)

Good at building a team identity and pattern of play

Good at instilling belief and positive team spirit

Nuno cons:
Too cautious and defensive at times,.too rigidly bound to aforementioned pattern (tbf he did try and change it last season but lacked the players)

Slow to address glaring problems - we've needed a centre back/centre mid for years

Set pieces (offensively and defensively) poor

Zonal marking - no likey

He'll start well and will be solid but thinga have a tendency to go stale. Has favourites. Didn't play some of our exciting kids until late in season but things needed refreshing.sooner.

From an EFC perspective - probably a Marco Silva part II - sorry. But who knows?

Good luck!!
——————————

Willing to give him a chance, but looks like more of the same....
I think every fanbase will use the "not playing the kids" stick to beat managers with, despite the majority of the kids being utterly horrific at football.

Status
Not open for further replies.