New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Galtier does seem to be emerging as the candidate that most people could support, which seems an achievement in itself.

I'm perfectly ok if he got it, he has a steady track record. I'd infinitely prefer him over Fonseca for example.

It would not be an appointment that would make me think "Ok, we've finally cracked this" but we can't really say that about anyone.

His work at Lille was fantastic. Took over when they had finished 17th the season before, and got them 4th, 2nd and 1st in 3 years. All while selling lots of big name players and replacing them with younger guys.

I think he ticks most boxes.

Good interview with Roberto in the Athletic today where he touches on his time at Everton as well as his coaching.
No doubting his coaching abilities,but for reasons only he could answer his brain froze and refused to acknowledge our defensive frailty when it all started going wrong. The game at Hull when they schooled us made it glaringly apparent to everybody but him.

Good interview with Roberto in the Athletic today where he touches on his time at Everton as well as his coaching.

I know you're not a big fan, but Brands clearly likes him, and whatever we think of the other guys on the board he is very much the football expert. If Brands feels he can work with someone and they can fit what he is trying to do, that is a big step forward for me. Most of the names on his list, Martinez, Galtier, Ten Haag, Rangnick, Potter etc all seem quite consistent in the type of manager they are.

I'm with you on this. Seems the obvious pick.

He also did well at St Etienne, and was prepared to remain at the club for a period of time. If we want to go down a certain model, he has shown he can do it. Rangnick was my 1st choice, but I was always happy with Galtier as a back up.

To me he is a standout candidate far above a lot of the other names.

Galtier does seem to be emerging as the candidate that most people could support, which seems an achievement in itself.

I'm perfectly ok if he got it, he has a steady track record. I'd infinitely prefer him over Fonseca for example.

It would not be an appointment that would make me think "Ok, we've finally cracked this" but we can't really say that about anyone.

If we got Conte then you know were spending big money the next 2 summers.

If we got Gallardo or Amorim you know were bringing in winners and using some imagination which is exciting.

The other names in general are those which dont scream...success.

Not sure that relates to my point. I will say that Ranieri's achievements are far greater than Martinez's, which is in the ballpark of my point.

Sorry, i thought it was a general comparison of Martinez and Galtier at Wigan and Lille :)

Another Carlo or not?
yeah for sure, we could hypothetically get 1 season out of him.

for me the attraction is twofold, players he can bring. and a one shot chance to crack top 4. whether he leaves or not, in one season my guess is, we would have better players and a maybe a bigger brand to attract players

the downfall is, no continuity in our management.

Status
Not open for further replies.