New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
a paragraph from The Graun which pretty much describes it all:
--------------------------

Compare and contrast to Goodison Park, where Napalm Death is screaming out of the speakers, which have all been turned up to 11. The chair in the manager’s office is spinning and all the curtains are flapping, a result of Carlo Ancelotti doing one at great speed the other week. Wow, look at that slightly out-of-condition $exagenarian go! Goodison is a study in tumult, everyone racing around pretending to know what’s going on and that there’s a coherent plan. Antonio Conte and Rafael Benítez having been briefly considered, the new favourite for the vacant managerial position is none other than Nuno Espírito Santo, who has just ended talks with Crystal Palace, and, well, he’s on the market so why not, it’s not as if we know what’s going on or there’s a coherent plan.

I’m not even entertaining the possibility that hibbo could be our manager.

i am...it's on!

th.jpg

Can we really say that about his tactics when Moyes is flying in the PL, Nuno Santos had Wolves finishing 6th, Hodgson was 73 still doing a job, Dyche etc.

Having your teams organised and defend well will always be a winner in football.

Appreciate that his last 2 jobs being a Chinese club and Newcastle do make me more hesitant than I would otherwise be though
Yes because his teams don't attack effectively. He relied on having a couple of world class players at Liverpool - something we won't have. His teams since have been dire. He is too defensive.

Moyes is doing well at the moment because his team is full of pace - something he never bothered with at any other club he had - which means they are able to break from defensive positions more effectively. He still reverts to typical Moyes again in several other ways - look at West Ham's record against the big teams (particularly away).

Dyche's football is beyond awful and I can't imagine why anyone would want that here.

Palace were often poor to watch but dangerous on the counter because of the pace of their forward line. Similar story with Wolves under Nuno, although they had a bit more of a playing style than the afore mentioned managers. But Benitez's teams are poor to watch and he has had his day.

Status
Not open for further replies.