I hate what football has become.

All that kind of crap in the post I’ve quoted
Little gimps on +250k a week
VAR
Incredible transfer fees
Weasel agents
Social media nonsense
The constant use of the word ‘project’
Pretending that some ex-WSL player has any clue what it’s like to play at a decent level

The game disappears further up its own anus with every passing year.
In my job I am a revenue manager for a company I won’t name and it’s my job to analyse a load of spreadsheets and work out how we can consistently make more money in our business. It’s dead boring but it’s a living.

I follow Everton for the raw primal feeling you get in the stands, the beauty when everything comes together in a sweeping move and ends in a goal, the discussions over a few pints afterwards about our opinions on what we’ve just seen... all this over-analysis via statistics completely ruins the passion just like VAR does when you’re scared to celebrate a goal for fear of looking a tit when it’s given offside by an armpit hair.
I think Potter could do a good job for us if we don’t get a Conte or Sarri type because I watch the play good football with some players that are worse than our players and create loads of chances which DCL will score more of than Brighton’s strikers, not because of some hipster metric.

I don’t care who we get .... just do it quickly so we can start complaining about them / their recruitment of players / handling of our “squad” and the fact that they are not X Y or Z !!!

I hate what football has become.

All that kind of crap in the post I’ve quoted
Little gimps on +250k a week
VAR
Incredible transfer fees
Weasel agents
Social media nonsense
The constant use of the word ‘project’
Pretending that some ex-WSL player has any clue what it’s like to play at a decent level

The game disappears further up its own anus with every passing year.
100% agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.