2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been on a take managers of lesser clubs tour for the past 20 years or so. Now everyone outraged he chose the most successful club in world football after having to drag his name through the dirt with our rag tag band of crap misfits.

I feel a bit betrayed TBH, I could accept the rubbish we were served as I thought it was for the bigger picture. Apparently not

But at least we know he didn't care. It's like having a partner who not really into you and haven't waste any more time with them

I saw nothing in the pitch to even indicate that we were going the right way, so I’m totally NEA.
The man IMO simply wasn’t up for a fight and is more suited to massaging egos like Rodriguez, than actually being able to build anything different which is what we needed.

Yes we can blame the players for some of the eye piss we had to endure and we rightly should. But some on here were trying to absolve him of any responsibility for what we were watching, just because he was Carlo Ancelotti.

In his interviews, did he actually look like he really gave a toss? Not for me.
I was amazed when we got him, but by November last year I was seriously questioning the type of football we were watching on here and was quite aggressively called out for it.

Over him already. A chapter in no a book that nobody particularly enjoyed reading.
Oversaw home defeats to Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Fulham, Newcastle, Burnley, Villa, Leeds among others.

we’ve not moved forward under him, we’ve just broken a few voodoos with long overdue wins at Spurs, Arsenal and of course Cult FC, so at least one good thing has come out of it.

I suppose standing around Finch Farm on a freezing January morning waiting for messrs Iwobi and Gomes to come tumbling out of the changing rooms pales in comparison with El Madrid where the squad all play violins to a high standard and sit about discussing political theory.
That's my take on it anyway.

I just hope when he handed in his resignation to Moshiri he also left him in no doubt where the ills of the club lie and what he needs to do to sort them out. Surely, he must have developed some perspective on this in his short tenure here?

Obviously most people would jump at the chance to manage Real Madrid. It’s just all the rubbish he spouted about a long term project that irritates me.

Plus all the big talk of slagging off the super league clubs and then he joins the main instigator, really leaves a bad taste, Ancelotti has no honour of principals in my humble view, not that it matters like. Football has changed a lot from my heyday and definitely not for the better, greed is good and mercenaries are everywhere.

Obviously most people would jump at the chance to manage Real Madrid. It’s just all the rubbish he spouted about a long term project that irritates me.
"Long term project" with shallowly embedded Madrid-exception escape clause apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.