New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it takes a very different type of manager/coach to make silk purses out of sow's ears than it does to manage a team of silk purses. Very often championship coaches get great results from teams they build then fail to sustain that performance once they have a couple of seasons in the premiere league with a sprinkling of newly added stars. Carlo managed silk purses. We need to be better than the sum of our parts, the last few managers have had us worse than the sum of our parts. We need a horses for courses approach. That said I am 100% against the relegation retreads, Dyche, Howe, NES, even Silva and Martinez fell into that category. We need a motivator but not only for the players but for the fans too. Someone who gets us all excited about next season not a more of the same appointment!
Let's stop signing the flavor of the month then. Silva, Koeman, Carlo and somehow Martinez were signed because they were the best option available at the moment. Sign someone with a plan, a vision and give him time. That's the thing to do even if it means reaching down for someone like Potter whose results are certainly questionable but whose desire to stick to an approach and build are not.

I thought Conte would be going to Madrid, not sure what his options are now, us or spurs?

I think some of the Moyes, Howe shouts are just lazy journalism, but I thought the ancelotti to real madrid shouts were lazy journalism too, so shows what I know.

I hope we get a manager in soon because we need at least 5 players and we are not going to be signing anyone while there is no manager.
Think Conte would go to Spurs before us (if he was even approached). London base.

Two Names I havent seen I think at least worth mentioning that are lkely gettable are Daniel Farke and Edin Terzic

Farke I expect could head a competent development strategy and improve a lot of our young prospects, and see out a long project. A wildcard but one with some merit at least with others being floated. Could see him aligned wth Brands in player profile and strategy.

And Terzic who is now out of a job with Rose coming in at BVB, but really impressed. Its a risk but 3 to 5 years from now he might be completely out of our reach. And likely could support a cohesive PSV BVB hybrid recruitment development strategy with Brands.

Last edited:

You know it, I know it.

Welcome back Mark Hughes..
Screenshot_20210601-203759.png

Think Conte would go to Spurs before us (if he was even approached). London base.
Yeah, maybe, I think other than a couple of players I don't think we are a worse proposition than spurs, particularly with Kane having 1 foot out the door. I don't think Levy will give a new manager tons to spend, if Moshiri chucks cash at Conte he might pick us over Spurs

McNulty on 5Live mentioned the usual suspects, i.e. Rafael, Nuno and Howe. Also said not to be surprised if Moshiri pulls rank and tries to offer a big name a massive contract. Not sure it’s the route to go down after Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.