New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling its going to be Nuno and I am not delighted. I do think he is prem worthy, but what indicators are there that he will suceed more at Everton than at Wolves. A club thats a Portuguese satillite, had Mendes who he was clearly close with etc. I would bet he achieves nothing higher than what he could muster at Wolves. Admirable sure, but not good enough especially if it doesnt come with a giant development caveat or other ratonale.

I think with managers that have brought a team up from the championship, they have had time to build a squad, a specific formation and a way of playing. Coming to our frankinstein's monster of a team with no fixed identity is a massive test. Though a manager like this might give Brands a free reign to sign the players.

I believe it takes a very different type of manager/coach to make silk purses out of sow's ears than it does to manage a team of silk purses. Very often championship coaches get great results from teams they build then fail to sustain that performance once they have a couple of seasons in the premiere league with a sprinkling of newly added stars. Carlo managed silk purses. We need to be better than the sum of our parts, the last few managers have had us worse than the sum of our parts. We need a horses for courses approach. That said I am 100% against the relegation retreads, Dyche, Howe, NES, even Silva and Martinez fell into that category. We need a motivator but not only for the players but for the fans too. Someone who gets us all excited about next season not a more of the same appointment!
Agree somewhat about the excitement part. But we have had Ancelotti, Martinez and even Silva where we have been going into the season with some anticipation.

Dyche is a strange one for me. He has had 4 seasons with the lowest transfer spend and got a 7th and 10th place finish.

He will be a motivator similar to moyes but would probably suit Kenwright and not Moshiri or Brands.

We need a step to fail at first. I think brands a moshiri just do lucky dips and coin flips for most decisions
The club needs everyone on the same page. Moshiri and Brands have never done because one believes we can flip things around in 6 months and be as good as Chelsea and City and the other is trying to take time and build. That has trickled into manager decisions and player signings which have left us an utter mess.

One plan from owner to DOF to manager and to which players we sign is the first step in turning everything around. And yeah the plan has to be one that works but the templates are out there.

McNulty on 5Live mentioned the usual suspects, i.e. Rafael, Nuno and Howe. Also said not to be surprised if Moshiri pulls rank and tries to offer a big name a massive contract. Not sure it’s the route to go down after Carlo.

I bet his head his battered Moshiri.

He’s tried the experienced manager approach - Failed.
He’s tried the young manager approach - Failed.
He’s tried the very experienced manager - Failed.

Where do we go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.