2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF, a lot of those who wanted Ancelotti to stay should have realised this was a possibility - he's still very much a big name manager so him hanging around long term was always a dicey proposition.
Yes, we should know our place and get somebody nobody else might want.

I’ve said all along he wouldn’t be here More than 18 months.
If he done well someone would come and get him and if he done a bad job then he’d still jump ship to another team.
He was never gonna oversee a long term project.

Not too bothered myself, unless the club can provide the players we need then any of the managers mentioned would still get us 10th.

Europe is pie in the sky stuff right now

We have no manager, we have a failing DOF with an awful track record, we have older players bought specifically to play under Ancelotti, we are the butt of the joke right now.

We are looking at a perfect storm here, and it could go very badly wrong.

Toxic mix of players from 4 managers now. Majority are average at best. On sky high contracts. We are deffo in implosion territory here

TBF, a lot of those who wanted Ancelotti to stay should have realised this was a possibility - he's still very much a big name manager so him hanging around long term was always a dicey proposition.
He won’t impress with the Citch defeat.

He’s got a lot to prove, but saying “he should be sacked if a brand new manager doesn’t get us into Europe in his first season” is just weird logic.

I don’t know whether he’s the guy or not, but that isn’t the bar/ultimatum to measure him on.

I didn't say that.

My logic has been very consistent for a long time.

Here it is, from the other week;

In terms of league placement, we've got less competitive since he's become DoF. We've finished 12th and 10th since he was promoted to the board.

I've spent years defending him, encouraging patience - he was very clear he needed time to shift out players to create space to rebuild and he was right - but it's crunch time now.

Would he have got the job in 2018 if he pitched we'd finish 8th, 12th, and 10th? Unlikely.

I also think he's added to the problem of the bad attitude of this team. Stop signing players who signed as a last resort. We mess about with players like Magalhaes forever. Mina (waited and waited until there was no other offer on the table), Kean (since admitted he didn't want to leave Juventus, his team), Iwobi leaving his team in Arsenal to come here to setup his own company and cry about his best position - not to mention Delph, Bernard etc

A managerial change should absolutely not buy him any more time.

This may sound crazy, but this could be a massive opportunity for us. It gives the board the opportunity to try and understand where they want us to be as a football club. At the moment we are stuck in no mans land. We have a director of football, who is meant to look and search for young and hungry talent, but then appointed a manager who wanted players for the here and now. Let's get a young and exciting manager in place and get him to work closely with Brands. Let's decide what we want to do as a football club and stick at it. The Leicester model is the way to go for me...

Brands didnt appoint Ancelotti. Just to be clear.

Hold no grudge if its true. He is use to manager superstars and we have none. The club is run like taking part is all that matters.

This may sound crazy, but this could be a massive opportunity for us. It gives the board the opportunity to try and understand where they want us to be as a football club. At the moment we are stuck in no mans land. We have a director of football, who is meant to look and search for young and hungry talent, but then appointed a manager who wanted players for the here and now. Let's get a young and exciting manager in place and get him to work closely with Brands. Let's decide what we want to do as a football club and stick at it. The Leicester model is the way to go for me...
Agreed but unfortunately I don't think we have the personnel in place to execute a strategy like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.