Everton Youth Teams Thread

yeh defenders and central midfielders we're pretty stacked. wide players and strikers please marcel!
We do seem to be lacking genuine wide players at u18s and u23s bowler the only natural wide player I can think of .
Assume kouyate and cannon and Garcia will fill the u23 striker positions next season

Paul Joyce saying we're interested in signing James Carragher. Centre half year older than Welch and 2 older than Campbell. Interesting considering Wigan had a fire sale of their best prospects less than a year ago and he wasn't poached. Also interesting because he's still on scholarship rather than pro terms at 18.
I wonder if he’s declined to sign a pro contract, therefore he’s free to pick his club at the end of his Scholarship . With only a nominal fee being due to Wigan , if he’s reckoned to be decent he would be an attractive proposition even though we’re well stocked with centre halfs.

I wonder if he’s declined to sign a pro contract, therefore he’s free to pick his club at the end of his Scholarship . With only a nominal fee being due to Wigan , if he’s reckoned to be decent he would be an attractive proposition even though we’re well stocked with centre halfs.
In the article it's saying he's been offered a pro but hasn't signed and we've had one bid turned down already. If I'm honest everything I've ever heard previously is he's never been too highly touted, I imagine if he is signed it's as a body for the 23s more than anything too long term.

We aren't actually too well stocked atm at centre half in my opinion for the 23s. We have Branthwaite and Gibson who won't be with that squad next season, Ozounidis, Anderson and Astley are (as it stands) out of contract leaving us with Welch, Kristensen and a very young Campbell. Assuming we re-sign Astley he will be pencilled for a loan whilst Ouzounidis and Anderson are hardly top prospects if they re-sign.

I see we‘ve offered left back/ left centre back Joe Anderson a one year contract. As there’s not a loan being mentioned presumably he’s being seen as an older head to help develop the young players. It’s an interesting choice for him, if he stays you’d expect that Small would be the main left back and eventually Eli Campbell the left centre back.

Pointless move from him. Surely he wants to get out there and play actually football now.

Fear some of these kids are happy with the cushy FF lifestyle.

Pointless move from him. Surely he wants to get out there and play actually football now.

Fear some of these kids are happy with the cushy FF lifestyle.
If this were say, Astley I'd agree. With Anderson I think it's a bit more complicated. He's already stuck in the middle of whether he's a lb or a centre half and has no real pedigree to speak of, it'd be quite the gamble to leave in the search of football.

We've recently let Feeney and Foulds go who had a much better pedigree than JA, one a big signing teenager the other a youth captain with England youth apps, they've combined for a total of 250 minutes of football this season. That's football total btw, Feeney yet to make a league appearance whilst Foulds has 26 minutes of L2 football and 106 minutes in Serie C. Not to mention both were/are better footballers.

Sadly this could be the last guaranteed contract for Anderson in football league, one which would give him the chance to play consistent minutes of PL2 football to try and get him a move next year, also the obvious that his contract won't be the worst. There's every chance we're the only football league club even offering him a deal at this point given Feeney and Foulds have ended up L2. It's good for both parties if he signs and if he decides to leave good luck to him

If this were say, Astley I'd agree. With Anderson I think it's a bit more complicated. He's already stuck in the middle of whether he's a lb or a centre half and has no real pedigree to speak of, it'd be quite the gamble to leave in the search of football.

We've recently let Feeney and Foulds go who had a much better pedigree than JA, one a big signing teenager the other a youth captain with England youth apps, they've combined for a total of 250 minutes of football this season. That's football total btw, Feeney yet to make a league appearance whilst Foulds has 26 minutes of L2 football and 106 minutes in Serie C. Not to mention both were/are better footballers.

Sadly this could be the last guaranteed contract for Anderson in football league, one which would give him the chance to play consistent minutes of PL2 football to try and get him a move next year, also the obvious that his contract won't be the worst. There's every chance we're the only football league club even offering him a deal at this point given Feeney and Foulds have ended up L2. It's good for both parties if he signs and if he decides to leave good luck to him

i mostly agree but Feeney has had a lot of injury problems which explains his lack of game time

Everton u23s Team

Tyrer, John, Anderson, Welch, Small, Warrington, Butterfield, Whitaker, Mills, Hughes, Cannon,
Subs Leban, Metcalfe, Mallon, Quintyne, McAllister

----------------------------
A win for Everton will put them 5th and that will mean they end the season in 5th or 6th [above Liverpool who they went above Sunday] depending on how Man Utd v Derby ends monday