Everton Youth Teams Thread

Just confirming your call, it was Saf Manafa who came on for Owen Barker against Wolves, with Corby Ebere and Lawrence replacing Cannon and Garcia. That’s 8 Schoolboys getting game time so far, not including a goalkeeper who I think didn’t get on the pitch.

I'll be honest I've heard nothing on Corby Ebere or Saf Manafa (I have on Lawrence and have shared a little on him a few months back, but would advise a lot of caution on that).

My feelings would be they are most likely to be under 15's, and not trialists. It's obviously significant in a number of ways that under 15's are involved. It shows they are likely very well thought of and a bit special but also that policy is shifting at academy level.

Thats it. It's an overuse injury mixed in with the fact his body is growing and has grown quite a lot over the last 12-18 months. I know people think we are cursed, but honestly, young players at every club pick up niggles. Now the FA Youth Cup is done they can see that they can give him a break for 3-4 months to recover. In honesty, it will do him and Onynago good to have that time off.

My partners lad is their age and las year was exhausted. Over lockdown when he didn't have to keep getting up for school I reckon he grew 6 inches in a year. He just needed that time away from doing constant physical work and exercise to grow. It's the same with a lot of these lads, they just need time to really grow into their bodies. Stress fractures, and in honesty fractures full stop are not a major problem for sportsmen, if they are given time to heel as the bone will grow back stronger.

I know people cite Andy Murray, but Murray was nearly 30, and played through the pain for years and refused to take time out. At 17, if you take 3-4 months out the bodies capabilities of self repairing are still very strong and will recover more strongly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the enforced break Onyango and Price have will see them return bigger and stronger.

....I recall the Reds not playing Stevie G Laa for quite a while as a youngster when he was going through a growth spurt.

....I recall the Reds not playing Stevie G Laa for quite a while as a youngster when he was going through a growth spurt.

Yes exactly. It's a more common problem than you think. Ligament issues and tears of muscles are not ideal, but bone breaks or stress fractures will heal very well.

In truth even muscle injury will heel a lot better as a teenager.

I doubt the club are overly worried, and may well feel that some time off to rest the body and grow will really help both Onyango and Price.

If I'm completely honest, I'd be more concerned at Lewis Dobbin who seems to be getting "niggly" muscle injuries.

I'll be honest I've heard nothing on Corby Ebere or Saf Manafa (I have on Lawrence and have shared a little on him a few months back, but would advise a lot of caution on that).

My feelings would be they are most likely to be under 15's, and not trialists. It's obviously significant in a number of ways that under 15's are involved. It shows they are likely very well thought of and a bit special but also that policy is shifting at academy level.
Lawrence and Ebere are the u15s Tait mentioned in his report, Manafa is 16.
Yeah, in two seasons we’ve gone from Gordon and Simms barely featuring at U23s when they were u18s, to Schoolboys and virtually all our decent u18s getting game time at U23s this season. Underpinning this is the enthusiasm shown by Tait , relishing his role as a “Development manager” and Unsworth talking with pride about the best performance of the season from the young U23s against Southampton. Nice to see from both of them. It’s still a massive leap for any of these players to be PL regulars, I ‘ll just enjoy their journey as they develop.

Everton u18s are looking to win 3 u18s league games for the 1st time in 2 years [when they won 4] and will move up one place to 5th if they avoid defeat, While City need to win to have any chance at winning the league and keep it in their own hands

Everton u18s team to face Man City 6.30pm - Game is NOT Live

Everton u18s

Leban, Welch, Kristensen, Mallon, Campbell, Metcalfe, Jagne, Lowey, McAllister, Baker, Cannon
Subs Stewart, Quintyne, Lawrence, Tierney, Saja Manafa

Man City u18s

Van Sas, Charles, Katongo, C. Doyle, Larios, Lavia (C), Gyabi, Hamilton, Edozie, Borges, Bobb
Subs: McNamara, Oduroh, Adam, Smith, Breckin

Last edited:
Man city lead 1-0 on 39mins

Cannon shot saved on 7mins and that's basically it for us, untill campbell had left footed shot saved on 43mins

While city had a little burst of 4 shots saved in 6 mins just after the 30min mark

Half Time
Everton u18s 0 Man City u18s 2 - City get a 2nd on HT

From around 30mins on City have started to take control big time

Last edited:
Everton u18s lose 4-0 home to title chasing Man city who if they win their last 2 games, they will win the league over man utd by 1 point [If man utd win final game]
----
Everton stay 5th and now play a North East Double in their final 2 games, the 1st of which is home to sunderland this saturday with a 12.30ko - the other the rearranged final game away to Newcastle a week saturday

Everton Under-18s suffered a 4-0 defeat against title-chasing Manchester City at USM Finch Farm on Tuesday evening.

City have Manchester United in their sights at the top of the Premier League Under-18 North table and they were just too good for the Blues, showing their pedigree with a fine performance to gain some sort of revenge for the FA Youth Cup result a few weeks ago.

Everton actually had the first clear-cut opening of the game when Tom Cannon ran through on goal after seven minutes only for Mikki van Sas to save.

After that, it was virtually all one-way traffic with City dominating possession.

Zan-Luk Leban saved from Darko Gyarbi and then kept out a well-struck volley from Shea Charles.

City continued to press but Everton defended resolutely. Leban was called upon again to thwart Oscar Bobb, Juan Larios and Callum Doyle. Indeed, Bobb was denied on three separate occasions by smart saves from Leban in the first half.

There was an air of inevitability about the first goal on 38 minutes but it came following Leban’s most impressive stop of the opening period. The Slovenian keeper dived low to his left to palm away a powerful header from Gyarbi but City kept the ball alive and Micah Hamilton slammed a lot shot into the net.

Everton stayed in the game and responded well. Eli Campbell directed an effort on target from inside a crowded penalty area but van Sas turned the ball behind for a corner, from which Reece Welch was inches away from converting.

The second City goal came seconds before the half-time whistle and again Hamilton was the scorer, placing a fine shot just inside Leban’s left post.

The visitors then effectively killed the game off as a contest just 90 seconds after the restart when Carlos Borges teed up Gyarbi for a cool finish.

City slowed their tempo, secure in the knowledge that the job was done, and Everton struggled to make any headway, although in fairness the weather conditions made it really challenging for both sides – the constant cold wind was joined by a torrential hailstorm in the second half.

Leban again did well to keep out an effort from Samuel Edozie when the City striker had clear run on goal on 70 minutes but he was helpless when substitute Josh Adam finished off an excellent move to make it 4-0.

Everton u23s final game of the season home v bottom placed Southampton u23s will be LIVE on Everton Youtube this friday 7pm ko
A win for Everton will put them 5th and that will mean they end the season in 5th or 6th [above Liverpool who they went above Sunday] depending on how Man Utd v Derby ends monday

Link if they dont change it