Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye good point. I imagine Berge would be the sitter which would allow Allan and Doucoure to be box-to-box which would be a heck of a lot better than what we're currently doing.

Still think we need someone with a bit of creativity in midfield though as when James is out we're so bland.
This isn't actually true though, James out the other day and we created 14 chances and we still lost whereas he played the week before and we created 9. Lucas Digne has more assists than him this season in the league and has actually been more productive. James is 8th in the list for Goal Creating Actions per 90min, aside from that he is not in the top 10 for Assists, Assists/90min, Key Passes, Passes into the Final Third, Passes into the Box, Through Balls, Crosses, Dribbling, basically all the stuff we need him to be good at. He is getting a free ride from folk at the moment because of his name but the fitness thing isn't going to change with him as it's always been there. We need to have a functioning team that can win gams without him then him be the plan b option as another poster said earlier on

Apologies for burst of stat related stuff.

Ye good point. I imagine Berge would be the sitter which would allow Allan and Doucoure to be box-to-box which would be a heck of a lot better than what we're currently doing.

Still think we need someone with a bit of creativity in midfield though as when James is out we're so bland.
Yes it’s catch 22.
But I would buy the sitter this summer. As I base to move forward Over the next few years.

I
Like the kid from Marseille Koumara, I think hes only 20/21 and has a year left on his deal.

Again, he is registered in 4.7 seconds at 40 meters. Then he is in the elite. In addition, he is 1.95 centimeters tall.

Gylfi Sigurdsson is, by sprint speed, our second-fastest midfielder this season.

It doesn't make him quick.

Berge is a big lad, with a huge stride I imagine. He can cover ground. But he's not a sprinter, he's not going to drive on beyond the striker.

I think we need someone who can offer that and that creativity to boot.

This isn't actually true though, James out the other day and we created 14 chances and we still lost whereas he played the week before and we created 9. Lucas Digne has more assists than him this season in the league and has actually been more productive. James is 8th in the list for Goal Creating Actions per 90min, aside from that he is not in the top 10 for Assists, Assists/90min, Key Passes, Passes into the Final Third, Passes into the Box, Through Balls, Crosses, Dribbling, basically all the stuff we need him to be good at. He is getting a free ride from folk at the moment because of his name but the fitness thing isn't going to change with him as it's always been there. We need to have a functioning team that can win gams without him then him be the plan b option as another poster said earlier on

Apologies for burst of stat related stuff.

Well none of that takes into account that teams generally know that if they stop James then our only other route to goal is Digne.

He's not getting a free ride at all.

We play so poorly building from the back that he often drops deep - which he shouldn't do - but then again none of our other midfielders want to get on the ball and dictate.

We need James working in the final third, not on the halfway line. But to have him upfield, we need players to get the ball forward to him. He can't do it on his own because he can't run.

We don’t have enough who can play quick one/two touch passing and moving as simple as it sounds, far too many who seem incapable of one/two touch passing and moving which is pretty pathetic given their level and wages. Everyone wants to take their time on the ball, we’re absolutely useless in tight spaces compared to other teams, so whilst it’s good having ‘ball carriers’ (Doucoure an example) we need more who can get around the pitch and get on the ball more. James is the only one really who does it, but his pace doesn’t get around and he can’t consistently show for it as he’s blowing after an hour as it is.

It’s just frustrating how little effort or incapable they are of creating an extra yard when we have the ball, and having the confidence and guts to take the ball in a tight space and keep it moving. Obviously not going to be Chelsea/City level but every one of their forwards and midfielders is capable of doing it and I feel sorry for our centre backs sometimes when there’s just no desire to drag defenders out of space and you see Gomes and Sigurdsson just jogging around to show for it, as if the ball will magically appear for them. Obviously incredibly hard to find but a Mason Mount mould would be perfect, always believe defending starts from the front and we need more winning the ball higher up too...

Could have gone on all day lol

Gylfi Sigurdsson is, by sprint speed, our second-fastest midfielder this season.

It doesn't make him quick.

Berge is a big lad, with a huge stride I imagine. He can cover ground. But he's not a sprinter, he's not going to drive on beyond the striker.

I think we need someone who can offer that and that creativity to boot.
Yes, 4.7 seconds at 40 meters means that he is a good sprinter in a football context. But at the same time, you rarely run 40 meters on a football field. What he may be missing is reaction speed.

Well none of that takes into account that teams generally know that if they stop James then our only other route to goal is Digne.

He's not getting a free ride at all.

We play so poorly building from the back that he often drops deep - which he shouldn't do - but then again none of our other midfielders want to get on the ball and dictate.

We need James working in the final third, not on the halfway line. But to have him upfield, we need players to get the ball forward to him. He can't do it on his own because he can't run.
Yeah they know they can stop him because he has the pace of a snail. Also you have highlighted exactly what is wrong with our tactics 'building from the back' we simply don't have the players for it whether it's the defenders or midfielders yet we persist with it. I was simply pointing out that he is not quite the creative influence some make out that's all.

He carries the ball well, I do think that. the injury is an issue because we can't be sure how it would impact the team.

It's just the money, mate. We'll see. But at £25m or so...

I honestly think for that fee we could go and get Zakaria, whose around the same age and brings more of what we need.
You think Zakaria would cost £25m?

Yeah they know they can stop him because he has the pace of a snail. Also you have highlighted exactly what is wrong with our tactics 'building from the back' we simply don't have the players for it whether it's the defenders or midfielders yet we persist with it. I was simply pointing out that he is not quite the creative influence some make out that's all.

He's still created more chances than any of our other players though. Some do treat it like we're suddenly amazing when he plays, but yeah we definitely aren't.

He does improve us massively though and that's the issue here - our reliance on him, and Digne (who isn't creative, he just puts decent crosses in) is scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.