Young EFC Players Out On Loan 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I’ve watched him a few times for them and he hasn’t been very good.
Have any of them been tho? Did ok in Bundesliga by all accounts, some good, some bad. I'd be more inclined to take that as an indicator of his ability.

Have any of them been tho? Did ok in Bundesliga by all accounts, some good, some bad. I'd be more inclined to take that as an indicator of his ability.

....if I’m honest, I can understand the fans not wanting the club to invest in him. The excuse I’d make is Celtic’s not a good place to be at the moment, but in a way that gives him more of an opportunity to impress.

I’m afraid he’s just very ordinary and I’m sure they could find better for the fee & salary he’d cost.

....you know more than me, but wouldn’t another loan see him at the end of his current contract?

if so, the club might not want to extend his current deal unless they feel they can recoup investment. I suppose a buy-back or sell-on clause is another option if there is a bit of interest in him.
Yes ,either way his contract ends next season. So it’s down to options, selling with a buy back this summer, letting his contract run out on loan or with the first team , extending his contract with him going out on loan , staying . He‘s still only 20 , I know we’ve made some poor calls on contract extensions in the past so it’ll be interesting to see what the approach is for Simms .

I would give both Gibson and Simms extensions as I think both are decent players they probably won't make it here but they could bring in decent transfer fees. At the start of next pre season Gibson, Branthwaite, Gordon and Simms need to be in the team if they aren't ready get them a loan but make sure it's to the right team where they will get game time. If we make Europe we may need to keep hold of then as they will give us extra bodies with first team experience.

I would give both Gibson and Simms extensions as I think both are decent players they probably won't make it here but they could bring in decent transfer fees. At the start of next pre season Gibson, Branthwaite, Gordon and Simms need to be in the team if they aren't ready get them a loan but make sure it's to the right team where they will get game time. If we make Europe we may need to keep hold of then as they will give us extra bodies with first team experience.

....hopefully we’ve learned from keeping youngsters on our books too long. I think firm decisions have to be made.

1620220200626.png

It's a wrap as a simple finish near the end from the big lad gets the play off roller coaster into gear once more. 5 times play off winners and soon to be 6 with big El doing his stuff with Garbutt and Yates and all the boys roaring. A look on his face here that says Once Tangerine has touched you nothing will be the same lol
Stay as long as you wish brother Ellis ;)

View attachment 126351
It's a wrap as a simple finish near the end from the big lad gets the play off roller coaster into gear once more. 5 times play off winners and soon to be 6 with big El doing his stuff with Garbutt and Yates and all the boys roaring. A look on his face here that says Once Tangerine has touched you nothing will be the same lol
Stay as long as you wish brother Ellis ;)

Think you'll try to get him on a perm?

....hopefully we’ve learned from keeping youngsters on our books too long. I think firm decisions have to be made.

I agree in some ways but I think these boys are decent. However we can't afford another McAleny/Garbutt/Pennington situation so if I was pushed I would say sell Gibson and Simms with buy back clauses. They both look the part but are absolutely not ready to be first team players here yet. If they both got bought by decent Championship sides with an agreed fee of we want to but back in 2 years I think that would suit all parties.

@DanEFC92

I hope so. Depends on the contract at the Toffees and if it's up then a loan would be out if EFC don't give him another contract as @Eggs inferred. Then it's cash and his price will be a lot more after his performances in Tangerine. Then wages etc.

Simon Saddler has been making the right moves since taking over from the Oystains. Getting big El in would be a wise move as Critch the Coach is a fan of young up and coming players and hunted Simms down. If he gets a goal or two at Wembley then he will be at BR next season l would imagine! One way or the other ;)

gordon is more talented than simms, i'm not sure either will get many opportunities with us though, this time next year will be decision time for their future at everton i'd say.
kenny is in a completely different category, we know his everton career has been over a while now.
Have you seen Gordon he has nothing about him, when he played for us in the cup v Rotherham their RB had him in his pocket, probably why he can’t get in the Preston team now.
Problem is we have all been guilty of bigging youth players up but in reality we have not had anyone through since Rooney to come through

Have you seen Gordon he has nothing about him, when he played for us in the cup v Rotherham their RB had him in his pocket, probably why he can’t get in the Preston team now.
Problem is we have all been guilty of bigging youth players up but in reality we have not had anyone through since Rooney to come through

....I think Gordon has shown glimpses of real talent, plus he’s very quick and a very decent striker of the ball (taking free kicks for the 1st team a good sign they rate his delivery). For me, he’s not expressed himself or played with freedom when he’s had a chance. He’s been much too safe. I actually thought he’d thrive on loan because he’d be better than most but it’s not happened.

Attitude & lack of belief might be more of an issue with him. I’m genuinely not one for bigging youngsters up, but I had hopes for Gordon. Those hopes have faded.

lol it's a nonsense to say that.
So if we don't produce someone as good as one of the greatest players in English history they don't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.