Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We could do with an early goal in this game - its not like we are not due one. Bring Davies back in for gomes and all could go well. I think we have much more ambition from the kick off with Allan in the team for some reason, perhaps he is a vocal leader or leads by example but it just seems to work. Seems like he hates to lose! which I like. the James/Sigurdsson interaction seems to be improving but it doesn't seem like we are getting the fullbacks to cross as much as we were early in the season which helps explain DCL's drought. I know this will shock almost everyone, but I could see Iwobi coming back into the first team for this one - never thought I would say that!!

As long as he doesn't do any of the following tomorrow, I'll feel very confident:
  • No Holgate at right back
  • No Keane anywhere
  • No Iwobi anywhere
Absolutely got to win this game. Expecting Liverpool and West Ham to drop points this weekend.

As long as he doesn't do any of the following tomorrow, I'll feel very confident:
  • No Holgate at right back
  • No Keane anywhere
  • No Iwobi anywhere
Absolutely got to win this game. Expecting Liverpool and West Ham to drop points this weekend.
Not sure I agree with the Keane bit but the other two fair enough

This is my team to hopefully inflict a 3-0 defeat on Villa

Pickford
Holgate Mina Godfrey
Coleman Allan Davies Digne
James Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Olsen Keane Nkounkou Delph Gomes Sigurdsson Iwobi Bernard King

Status
Not open for further replies.