Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not knock them? They deserve it. They’ve gone missing too many times this season. Richarlison’s misses tonight we’re as bad as DCL’s many misses this season. Then King comes on and gets the one chance to prove us all wrong but ends up justifying all the criticism.
Because regardless of them missing some real easy chances I still think they're good players mate who have had good seasons overall, DCL more so. It shouldn't be overlooked that they actually have the ability to get into positions that leave us frustrated when they miss sitters. They're also young and learning so one would hope that the composure will come with seasons under the belt but regarding this season we've missed a real experienced clinical finisher and I think it's cost us relying on the younger lads abit too much. Regarding King, I don't rate him, for what it's worth, and his lack of minutes prove that I'm right.

Why not knock them? They deserve it. They’ve gone missing too many times this season. Richarlison’s misses tonight we’re as bad as DCL’s many misses this season. Then King comes on and gets the one chance to prove us all wrong but ends up justifying all the criticism.
Are you criticising just for the sake of it or do have a suggestion as to this situation can be improved?

Apart from the obvious suggestion that the club should spend another half a billion to buy the worlds best players which you can then criticise when they make mistakes?

Played well yes, but no winning edge , winners preform together this is the only way you achieve things no good the forward line bang them in and the defence have a bad day and visor versa. Consistency right through the team is how you win things by god its a hard thing to do by the looks of it for us ,defence lock teams out we don't score chances. When we do bang the goals in the defence balls up
Get the two going we smash it obviously. Hope our fella can sort it magic touch needed I reckon he will in the end given time.
You are correct but if they could do all you ask we would trading points toe to toe with City

We must remember we are evolving as a club.
The mentality of player and supporter is changing under Carlo. I believe he is creating slowly a mentality where winning is expected and demanded.

We do need to give the manager time.

That was like a scenario you would joke about happening before the game. I'm over it now. Happy with the performance. Let's hope results happen for us.

I wish we would stop talking about fighting til the end for Europe.

Stop lads - 3 games = 3 draws.

If thats fighting then God knows what we are like when we are lacking fight!
Mate honestly, I get why you'd say that the last good few games. But last night we did fight. Need to back the team after that more than ever after that performance. If we revert back to the way we were playing previously in the next game I'd start to think about next season. But we have to hope that was the start of wakey wakey time and we will make a final push.

I didn't say better overall, just will score more goals.

The key bit of todays game was not Kane or Richarlison. We battered Spurs, Kane hardly have a kick, except for when Michael Keane perfectly set him up for two tap ins.
Tap ins....pfft.
DCL and Richarlison would have failed to score either chance

The Harry Kane team. Thank goodness I missed out on a ticket for the League Cup.
Oh I dont know.
Jose will park 2 buses try to spoil the whole game and hope for a breakaway or set piece goal.
It might just work.
Let's hope City get an early goal.

All round better performance from the team and although I've only seen the highlights they should have won. Keane had a mare and Richarlison looked disinterested. Better but a bit late.

...he’s been terrific since he came on, given the team much needed impetus.

That's great. I made a snapshot judgement Later it looked like he was back to his best. Maybe we can be flexible with wing backs or flat back 4 and he still plays half the games next season, while the new wunderkid RB signs.

All round better performance from the team and although I've only seen the highlights they should have won. Keane had a mare and Richarlison looked disinterested. Better but a bit late.

I dont think Richy looks disinterested, I think he's just struggling with a bad season. I think we underestimate sometimes what it might be like for players to be away from family & friends - particularly in 2020/21 - (and Brazil is suffering badly with the virus) - and if he's also not having a good time on the pitch, where does he go for support and development. I doubt he would take Dunc as a mentor, but I'm sure people like James, Allan, Ancelotti, Davide Ancelotti are working on him. He still needs 2 seasons in a row with us with 15 goals / 10 assists or similar, before he becomes the world star he wants to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.