Football Disillusionment

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money they charge for season tickets gets me. Seeing a fella with two or three kids and I can't help but wonder how much the afternoon has cost him. I don't know if their whole spare budget goes into watching Everton or is it just an occasional treat. I know we can't give season tickets away but something needs to be done about prices, SKY, wages, the whole lot needs looking at.

I kicked the cat & we haven't got one - their first goal the wife opened the living room door, & I blamed her for that goal lol
It all my fault..... I didnt wear my Black training top Saturday, as its in the wash! After the last win I had to change my computer password, it was doucoure16 and I changed it to Ancelotti1 - Doucoure immediately gets a season ending injury and Carlo cant pick a team anymore.
As I said to the God of Everton last night in my prayers, " Its not you, its me!"

I know it is an old saying, but it was far better in the 1960s, 70’s 80’s - it was a working man's game most people could afford to got to the game only massive games were all ticket ......
We used to decide when we would go leave for any game home or away depending on distance -
My older brother used to go to his working man's club decide at 11pm on the Friday night when bevied get talked into taking his mates to an away game - he would throw me out of bed as a young lad get your Everton gear we are going to Leeds away etc - hurry up I'm picking four mates up it will be a tight fit in my car ....

It made it feel extra special the whole surprise - even my parents would shake their heads in disbelief as we set off win or lose it was always a great day sat on a bar with pop & crisp etc for me..... it was affordable plus the away fans paid the same price to get in .......in any numbers first there first in .....

I know it is an old saying, but it was far better in the 1960s, 70’s 80’s - it was a working man's game most people could afford to got to the game only massive games were all ticket ......
We used to decide when we would go leave for any game home or away depending on distance -
My older brother used to go to his working man's club decide at 11pm on the Friday night when bevied get talked into taking his mates to an away game - he would throw me out of bed as a young lad get your Everton gear we are going to Leeds away etc - hurry up I'm picking four mates up it will be a tight fit in my car ....

It made it feel extra special the whole surprise - even my parents would shake their heads in disbelief as we set off win or lose it was always a great day sat on a bar with pop & crisp etc for me..... it was affordable plus the away fans paid the same price to get in .......in any numbers first there first in .....

Back then Joey is was not sit only.

It all my fault..... I didnt wear my Black training top Saturday, as its in the wash! After the last win I had to change my computer password, it was doucoure16 and I changed it to Ancelotti1 - Doucoure immediately gets a season ending injury and Carlo cant pick a team anymore.
As I said to the God of Everton last night in my prayers, " Its not you, its me!"
My away day (at home) attire stopped working last Monday, although I think I wore socks and I shouldn't have. Fine margins in the lucky underpants-esque world

If we won on saturday this thread wouldn't exist. I do get the main point though. Its not that important right now with covid etc.

we have had one final in 26 years and we even lost that, one derby win in a decade, tinpot clubs like Birmingham have won a trophy, swansea won a trophy, Portsmouth have won a trophy, even Fulham and Middlesbrough have got to European finals.
You can even add Wigan to that list. But answer me this. Since 1995, would you rather be where we are now or swap that for an isolated cup win and be where Birmingham, Swansea, Portsmouth, Boro, Fulham and Wigan are now?

The money they charge for season tickets gets me. Seeing a fella with two or three kids and I can't help but wonder how much the afternoon has cost him. I don't know if their whole spare budget goes into watching Everton or is it just an occasional treat. I know we can't give season tickets away but something needs to be done about prices, SKY, wages, the whole lot needs looking at.
They could give away season tickets and it wouldn't have a huge effect, last accounts gate receipts were just over 12 million, obviously there is other match day income like programs, food and drinks and day trippers like me in the club shop. When all is said and done ticket prices do very little to the club finances. Corporate is where it's at for money hopefully the new ground will get that up and running properly.

You can even add Wigan to that list. But answer me this. Since 1995, would you rather be where we are now or swap that for an isolated cup win and be where Birmingham, Swansea, Portsmouth, Boro, Fulham and Wigan are now?
I actually had a similar discussion last year with a mate about Norwich. Does the misery of going down every couple of years outweigh the joy of going up every couple of years? Either way, is it better to have extreme highs and lows rather than years upon years of nothingness? I don't want to be a Norwich fan but at least they have something to get excited about most years.

Modern football stinks.

And yet after that 2-0 win at Analfield, I felt like life was worth living.

Not as many seem disillusioned when we win a few - strange that
The title is football disillusionment not Everton disillusionment. I find myself not watching any games other than Everton and Ireland thats it, where as years ago I'd have watched any game that was on TV I remember watching womens FA cup games when it was an amature sport. I wouldn't watch the mens champions league final these days. Football in general is just not as fun as it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.