Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its terrible to live in this world where it matters every game what the rest of teams do.

We just got to keep winning unfortunately

Side note I love all these pundits reacting to top 4 race. The keep saying we will lose the big games but if they do their job and actually research the topic it's the smaller teams we struggle against not the so called big six

Its terrible to live in this world where it matters every game what the rest of teams do.

Side note I love all these pundits reacting to top 4 race. The keep saying we will lose the big games but if they do their job and actually research the topic it's the smaller teams we struggle against not the so called big six
In fairness IF we were to get top 4 this season it would be an amazing achievement and turnaround for the club but due to our inconsistency it would also be down to the usual contenders dropping points left, right and centre.
I have been saying all along that top 4 is too soon, not got the squad depth for it and enough quality etc but the Chelsea game is huge in terms of making top 4, being a six pointer and a psychological boost.
I’ll admit a win tomorrow will even get me believing we can do it!!!
That said (like most) I’d be happy to not lose.....

In fairness IF we were to get top 4 this season it would be an amazing achievement and turnaround for the club but due to our inconsistency it would also be down to the usual contenders dropping points left, right and centre.
I have been saying all along that top 4 is too soon, not got the squad depth for it and enough quality etc but the Chelsea game is huge in terms of making top 4, being a six pointer and a psychological boost.
I’ll admit a win tomorrow will even get me believing we can do it!!!
That said (like most) I’d be happy to not lose.....

I think if we were to make it into the CL - and it’s a big ask - squad depth would be improved upon in the summer so I don’t think it would be an issue as much. Our issue this summer is still going to be getting rid of deadwood. Don’t forget Conk Tosun and Kenny will be back.

I think if we were to make it into the CL - and it’s a big ask - squad depth would be improved upon in the summer so I don’t think it would be an issue as much. Our issue this summer is still going to be getting rid of deadwood. Don’t forget Conk Tosun and Kenny will be back.
Agreed deadwood is still a challenge but I have every faith that with our owners they would be forward thinking enough to back Carlo in the market... I’ve been very cautious so far about our chances of finishing 4th this season.
However a win tomorrow against this opposition and where they are in the league etc will be a pivotal moment in terms of kicking on and actually achieving this.
I also believe that if we do finish in top 4, with our Manager and ownership I’d fancy our chances of staying in that elite group too!!!
Either way the future is bright...

Far better to be in this one than the one where we would be wanting Liverpool to beat Fulham, have been sweating on Leicester to come back against Brighton and might have doomed our own club by giving Newcastle 6 points.

I'd take £5 million for each of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.