Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be a very tough game for us. Tuchel has Chelsea bang in form but if we can get a win here then i will start to believe top four is on. COYB.

Think if Chelsea beat us tomorrow night that's the top 4 settled. I had hoped Leicester would fall away, but that was a huge win for them yesterday.

Even if Chelsea beat us tomorrow night we are not that far away mate. The way the league has been this season anything is possible. We still have the game in hand which could prove to be a thorn in the side of those around us. We should be hopeful but until it’s mathematically impossible for us to do it I’m keeping faith as I’m sure the players and Carlo will.

Leicester had a massive result last night gives them such breathing room, they have Sheff Utd at home next. Could be the difference come end of season, Chelsea will definitely finish top 4 with the Manchester's.

It's been a good weekend. United have confirmed what most of us suspected: they'll be top four. Leicester have given themselves a boost - but no more than that. They are still vulnerable. Arsenal and Villa are effectively eliminated from the race - if they were ever truly in it. Liverpool are in freefall and have left the door open for two others to nip in. Chelsea have been on a good run but haven't put any great distance between themselves and us - even if they win tomorrow. To me, they are vulnerable.

At this point, if we harbour notions of the top four, we must stay ahead of Spurs and target both Leicester and Chelsea. I really do not subscribe to the idea that either of those are out of reach. City and United, yes, simply because United are capable of beating anyone. Leicester have bad injuries and Chelsea's good run has to end sometime. Plus, Chelsea have shown how vulnerable they can be. That's not all down to the manager - the players have revealed something of themselves too.

Tomorrow is a huge opportunity. Let's go for the win and make a statement. We're capable of it (even if I don't expect us to finish top six by season's end). Now is not the time for an inferiority complex. If we are to miss out, that should be because we didn't quite have the depth of others - but it really shouldn't be about a lack of heart and ambition. In any single match, we can win. One match at a time.

It's been a good weekend. United have confirmed what most of us suspected: they'll be top four. Leicester have given themselves a boost - but no more than that. They are still vulnerable. Arsenal and Villa are effectively eliminated from the race - if they were ever truly in it. Liverpool are in freefall and have left the door open for two others to nip in. Chelsea have been on a good run but haven't put any great distance between themselves and us - even if they win tomorrow. To me, they are vulnerable.

At this point, if we harbour notions of the top four, we must stay ahead of Spurs and target both Leicester and Chelsea. I really do not subscribe to the idea that either of those are out of reach. City and United, yes, simply because United are capable of beating anyone. Leicester have bad injuries and Chelsea's good run has to end sometime. Plus, Chelsea have shown how vulnerable they can be. That's not all down to the manager - the players have revealed something of themselves too.

Tomorrow is a huge opportunity. Let's go for the win and make a statement. We're capable of it (even if I don't expect us to finish top six by season's end). Now is not the time for an inferiority complex. If we are to miss out, that should be because we didn't quite have the depth of others - but it really shouldn't be about a lack of heart and ambition. In any single match, we can win. One match at a time.
The pressure is on the players now, we have something to play for in the run in. If we miss out on champions league Carlo will learn a lot about the squad. What an opportunity this is, need to show some bottle. The win at Anfield will be hugefor thr players mentally, hopefully we take that confidence and performance level into the chelsea game.

Leicester had a massive result last night gives them such breathing room, they have Sheff Utd at home next. Could be the difference come end of season, Chelsea will definitely finish top 4 with the Manchester's.
It was... But it was against Brighton, still a chance of them dropping badly I think

Chelsea don't terrify me they are a functional team with quality but they haven't been blowing teams away. We need to sit in and hit them. If Doucoure is out its a blow but it is what it is.

The pressure is on the players now, we have something to play for in the run in. If we miss out on champions league Carlo will learn a lot about the squad. What an opportunity this is, need to show some bottle. The win at Anfield will be hugefor thr players mentally, hopefully we take that confidence and performance level into the chelsea game.
Well, these lads have generally folded like a deckchair when put under any pressure - and let's be honest, the Anfield win is probably not as significant as we had hoped: everyone wins there.

I have very low expectations of these players to finish much higher than 9th (been watching them too long and made my mind up about all of them way back), and Carlo knows who he can rely on. But every game should be attacked now (in terms of our ambition to win). The bullish have long talked our top four chances up, so they can't get all coy now when faced with a direct rival in Chelsea. Yes, they are, if we have genuine hopes. Let's see what we can do. Now is not the time for faint hearts and "we'll still be in it even if we lose, Lads" talk. Every game is an opportunity. There may not be a better chance for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.