2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the difference between Kean at PSG and Everton - he's played. So i know thats not what you were going for, but it does illustrate that differentiation.

To cut the next argument short, you think hes low on quality and didnt do enough, i think hes high on quality and was impactful whenever given the opportunity, those view points will ultimately end with us agreeing to disagree (though to be fair hes gone on to back up my assessment at PSG).
He had 6 league starts for us. The game on the last day I thought he was great. I thought he was at worst decent in every other start but the West Ham game away. People seem to really putting a lot of emphasis on the substitute stuff not always working out but we're talking 10 game stretches where he would play a total of 135 minutes. He didn't do anything when he was averaging 13 minutes an appearance. Shocking.

I agree with you, he was pretty good for us all things considered.

He had 6 league starts for us. The game on the last day I thought he was great. I thought he was at worst decent in every other start but the West Ham game away. People seem to really putting a lot of emphasis on the substitute stuff not always working out but we're talking 10 game stretches where he would play a total of 135 minutes. He didn't do anything when he was averaging 13 minutes an appearance. Shocking.

I have to agree mate. If im honest i wasnt as excited as most on here when we signed him, that quickly changed when i saw him, he has an abundance of natural talent and every attribute you look for is a footballer, i think he was hugely exciting with massive head room - i still do. I also agree i think he was always good when he played, you could see the quality, you could see the intent, you could see he would try to do things alien to us but special. I really cant get my head around people who have watched him play cant see the talent or actually say he was bad, or looked disinterested, in the end i think he probably tired to much to forces it or to fit in with us, but look its all about opinions. The lad is 20 overall, hes done and is doing wonderfully well.

Personally i think we are conditioned into having just one striker of a certain type maybe as a club or a fan base and we have a huge fear of veering from anything different.

I think its one of the maddest situations ive ever experienced following Everton, how can we have one of the most talented and impactful young strikers in Europe at the moment and have not have utilized that, madder still, we were all screaming for forward additions on deadline day and breathing a sigh of relief getting Josh King over the line for six months.

When this boy plays he scores.

Last edited:

What the difference between Kean at PSG and Everton - he's played. So i know thats not what you were going for, but it does illustrate that differentiation.

To cut the next argument short, you think hes low on quality and didnt do enough, i think hes high on quality and was impactful whenever given the opportunity, those view points will ultimately end with us agreeing to disagree (though to be fair hes gone on to back up my assessment at PSG).

And he's not played because Dom is playing better than him. Which in point means competition and him having to be better/take his chance when he does. Then the debate comes in whether he's done enough.

Carlo knows the player, even said he wanted him at Napoli. If he even thought that Kean could make an impact/wanted to be here/was going to be a useful part of the squad (choose any of them)..he'd have kept him.

So when it comes down to the summer. He had the talk with Carlo.

And he's not played because Dom is playing better than him. Which in point means competition and him having to be better/take his chance when he does. Then the debate comes in whether he's done enough.

Carlo knows the player, even said he wanted him at Napoli. If he even thought that Kean could make an impact/wanted to be here/was going to be a useful part of the squad (choose any of them)..he'd have kept him.

So when it comes down to the summer. He had the talk with Carlo.

Yeah we're really not going to agree even a little bit here mate - all good.

Do you think Marcel dropped a massive clanger by signing him mate?

Yeah we're really not going to agree even a little bit here mate - all good.

Do you think Marcel dropped a massive clanger by signing him mate?

Not at all. I think it takes time for a young player from another country to adapt. 1 season isn't going to do it and it takes times, patience, and effort.

Does Kean want that here? Not by the sounds of it. Cos we're a horrible club for young players we spend £30million on... apparently

We signed him thought he would be able to hit the premier league running he didn’t, so we loan him to PSG who I could score for fun with all them superstars. Now he comes back full of confidence and going to be our big star next year or we sell him for double what we bought him. It’s a win win

these agents go buy this kid he will double your money in 3 years time and we listen. The Nigerian kid up front is the same. I believe he been bought to use as bait when a big team wants him and we can suggest what we want for him.

Mbappe looks the part though and has scored in champs league against tough opposition (hat trick v barca last night) where as Kean gets the odd goal by poaching in the box never anything special usually.
I never mentioned German league so dont know why youd include Lewandowski? And personally think German league is tougher than French anyway.
But look, the kid is still young and can improve for sure, my statement about Kean was made months ago based on what i saw when he played for Everton, which at that time he looked gash ‍♂️

Glad he’s doing well so we might get our money back, he didn’t want to be here, his attitude wasn’t good enough.
After playing in the CL he definitely won’t want to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.