2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair just because he has scored a few goals in a poor French Ligue 1 playing with Neymar and Mbappe plus Veratti & co behind him doesn't all of a sudden make him a world beater. My opinion was based off what i had seen of him playing for Everton and he was not very good 99% of the time.
Jose Altidore would score a hat full in that PSG side, doesnt make him a great player!
thank u buddy at least for responding when others had hidden.

No one's abusing them. The difference is Gordon wants to play for Everton, Kean and Lookman don't/didn't.

I don't see it as an attitude problem or them sulking. I see it as they think they're better than playing for Everton. So rather than biding time and grabbing the opportunity to play for us, they haven't and found moves away.

Silva didn't want rid of Lookman, Carlo doesn't want to get rid of Kean. Brands wanted Lookman to stay, and wants Kean to stay.

It's up to the players. That's the point.
People regularly gave grief to Lookman and Kean and talked about their attitudes and generally thought they were crap. People were happy to see the backs of them until they started to play well then it was all “oh can’t wait for them to come back and do it here”.

Silva mightn’t have wanted rid of Lookman but Koeman and Big Sam certainly didn’t care to give him more opportunities in the team even after playing well enough to deserve them.

Carlo probably wanted to keep Kean but why should he want to play for us after having received sparse opportunities and being left out even after playing well just like Lookman. Also with the Dunc debacle which I maintain was still an awful decision no matter what.

Gordon wants to play for Everton because he’s a fan, that doesn’t make him good enough. I’m not disparaging him either just using as an example, I think he could be a player for us in future. Lookman and Kean were talents with great potential that we didn’t take advantage of while we had the opportunity to. You can’t say players need to take their opportunities when they only get 5 minutes here or there and then say their attitude wasn’t up to scratch and they just didn’t wanna be here when an objectively better team comes calling and somehow also offers them more playing time.

People regularly gave grief to Lookman and Kean and talked about their attitudes and generally thought they were crap. People were happy to see the backs of them until they started to play well then it was all “oh can’t wait for them to come back and do it here”.

Silva mightn’t have wanted rid of Lookman but Koeman and Big Sam certainly didn’t care to give him more opportunities in the team even after playing well enough to deserve them.

Carlo probably wanted to keep Kean but why should he want to play for us after having received sparse opportunities and being left out even after playing well just like Lookman. Also with the Dunc debacle which I maintain was still an awful decision no matter what.

Gordon wants to play for Everton because he’s a fan, that doesn’t make him good enough. I’m not disparaging him either just using as an example, I think he could be a player for us in future. Lookman and Kean were talents with great potential that we didn’t take advantage of while we had the opportunity to. You can’t say players need to take their opportunities when they only get 5 minutes here or there and then say their attitude wasn’t up to scratch and they just didn’t wanna be here when an objectively better team comes calling and somehow also offers them more playing time.

Kean hasn't "played well" for us. He's struggled. He also started enough games to make a claim and didn't.

And people are happy to see the backs of players who don't want to play for us regardless of talent.

As for your point of "why should he stay?" after how we've used him, is purely the players decision to pursued the manager he has to be played.

To be fair just because he has scored a few goals in a poor French Ligue 1 playing with Neymar and Mbappe plus Veratti & co behind him doesn't all of a sudden make him a world beater. My opinion was based off what i had seen of him playing for Everton and he was not very good 99% of the time.
Jose Altidore would score a hat full in that PSG side, doesnt make him a great player!
At 19 he was getting games for juve & Italy.

when we signed him we were also linked with another young striker Leao who went to Milan.
he got 6 goals in 31 games for Milan last season, compared to kean’s 2 in 29. But you have to take into consideration how many were starts. Leao has improved this season with 5 in 17.

I just think it’s to early to write him off, who knows where he will be in a few years.
And just because in you opinion Altidore would score a hatful at PSG, does that mean Mbappe is overrated and lewandoswski is,
because he scores for the best side in the German league.

He played 29 times and started 6 games last season. Scored 2 goals.

I must have missed all those appearances where people thought "Yeah. He should start next game".

It's not a charity. You earn your place. Silva and Carlo make that decision.

I don't get the argument that the club has let him down rather than looking at the player and asking "has he done enough?"
I think people should stop looking to sub appearances as reflective of a players level. And I mean that both ways. Sigurdsson looks great coming off the bench.

No one's abusing them. The difference is Gordon wants to play for Everton, Kean and Lookman don't/didn't.

I don't see it as an attitude problem or them sulking. I see it as they think they're better than playing for Everton. So rather than biding time and grabbing the opportunity to play for us, they haven't and found moves away.

Silva didn't want rid of Lookman, Carlo doesn't want to get rid of Kean. Brands wanted Lookman to stay, and wants Kean to stay.

It's up to the players. That's the point.
Does Gordon want to play for Everton? Current evidence suggests he's more than happy to be elsewhere if it helps him play football.

Does Gordon want to play for Everton? Current evidence suggests he's more than happy to be elsewhere if it helps him play football.

Silva on Lookman - "Like you know, at the beginning of last season he spoke to me about his desire to leave the club. I said no, no and no, even if we received a very good offer to sell him, for our structure, no because I saw in him, and I keep seeing in him... (his quality)."

Carlo on Gordon - "Anthony is doing well. He is young but showing good personality and character, when he plays from the start or goes on as a substitute. I have a lot of confidence in him. He is a player for now and for the future. He just needs to play to increase his confidence. He has quality. He can improve his knowledge"

Cavani was one of the best strikers on the planet for years. At PSG he scored a goal every 109 minutes that he was on the pitch. Kean is averaging a goal every 108 minutes for PSG.

So he is doing extremely well for a player of his age.

And yet Braithwaite hasn't gone to Barca and looked anything other than a cart horse. The fact is, Kean has been preferred to Icardi this season, which is quite a vote of confidence, as while we all know Serie A is just full of farmers, Icardi had a fantastic record with Inter.

Silva on Lookman - "Like you know, at the beginning of last season he spoke to me about his desire to leave the club. I said no, no and no, even if we received a very good offer to sell him, for our structure, no because I saw in him, and I keep seeing in him... (his quality)."

Carlo on Gordon - "Anthony is doing well. He is young but showing good personality and character, when he plays from the start or goes on as a substitute. I have a lot of confidence in him. He is a player for now and for the future. He just needs to play to increase his confidence. He has quality. He can improve his knowledge"
So they both rated a player they didn't actually want to use?

And what does this have to do with Kean?

As a young player who is still finding his feet in the game, I would expect him to want to play first team football; in fact, I'd be more worried if he wasn't.

He wasn't being chosen here for whatever reason, so a loan deal to PNE will give him experience of first team football, build his physicality and learn his trade.

In the long-term, I suspect (well hope) he will envisage playing for Everton and this loan is merely a stepping stone on the journey. Right now, he's not ready.

As I've previously said, Kean's loan deal at PSG is most likely to be a win-win situation for us: he either comes back better or we sell him for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.