New Everton Stadium Discussion

That is what annoyd me what is there to preserve as that bloody historic crowd make out. The plan incorporates the water tower an clock tower. Did that history say anything about the sewage plane, warehouses or timber storage?

In my book, its very straight forward. The docks were key in securing Liverpool as a major port back in the day; without them, modern Liverpool looks a lot different.

But their days of doing that are long gone, hence the stretch of derelict ones we have all become accustomed to.

So their heritage should be respected by being used again, to help the city in the way them being built in the first place did.

In my book, its very straight forward. The docks were key in securing Liverpool as a major port back in the day; without them, modern Liverpool looks a lot different.

But their days of doing that are long gone, hence the stretch of derelict ones we have all become accustomed to.

So their heritage should be respected by being used again, to help the city in the way them being built in the first place did.

Yes the City has to move forward and not live in the past as UNESCO would have us.

Imagine a journo publishing a story about UNESCO denying jobs and growth in the city to keep derelict docks in place..... In this day and age and especially in this pandemic when jobs and the economy need a boost.

Could be embarassing for them........
I want to know who these people actually are. They obviously have families and that but they just come across stupid, and couldn’t less about people who have no jobs to support families.

I want to know who these people actually are. They obviously have families and that but they just come across stupid, and couldn’t less about people who have no jobs to support families.

You have to understand the circles that UNESCO move in. How/why they are funded, and what political nous they have to maintain their funding.

They are, in practical terms, an utterly pointless organisation, afforded the "credibility" by awarding worthless certificates to areas THEY deem to be worthy of their attention.

As mad as it sounds, they have to object to anything that can affect their prior choices, irrespective of local, practical, or economic objections.

This laughable objection is supported by such forward looking bodies like Victorian England ffs.

Do people really give a rats ass what UNESCO says? I mean I was reading an article that says Venice and the Everglades in Florida might lose their status too.. that's me not going to Venice then.. I mean come on who cares about that status anyway.
They should let Unesco inspect the Everglades at night, with a ring of sausage tied around their neck.