New Everton Stadium Discussion

I went around the dock about 8 years ago. It is a complete dump and most of it had been left to rot. So where was Historic England then, or in previous years when it was left to ruin? Their interest only came when we started looking at it.
Worked round there for a couple of years fairly recently, an absolute dump.

If regeneration of the area was to stall or fall through because of Historic England, it’d be absolutely criminal.

There’s not been a penny of investment in that dock for, what, a century?

Any argument based on the “history” of the place is laughable. Nobody cares about it.

What is up with you?

Out of order not to call something in that will boost the city’s economy in a time that it is desperately needed.

There are long queues for food banks dotted all over the city.

It would be out of order to call it on for some nonsensical reason to preserve a dock that the public can’t even look at because it is hidden behind a wall and fenced off.
This. Literally no-one else cares about or even is barely aware of this dock.

If regeneration of the area was to stall or fall through because of Historic England, it’d be absolutely criminal.

Any argument based on the “history” of the place is laughable. Nobody cares about it.

Exactly the same when I worked on the Albert Dock in the 80's mate

This. Literally no-one else cares about or even is barely aware of this dock.

This will actually bring people to the area. Be able to look at a refurbished clock and pumphouse and whatever else is being restored. We should be commended for it not opposed. These heritage clowns have done nothing but hold this city back. I hope we lose the WHS status or we tell them to stick it to be honest. Treating us like a working museum.

This will actually bring people to the area. Be able to look at a refurbished clock and pumphouse and whatever else is being restored. We should be commended for it not opposed. These heritage clowns have done nothing but hold this city back. I hope we lose the WHS status or we tell them to stick it to be honest. Treating us like a working museum.
Who is refurbishing the Clock?

Every news article on this once again being taken over by comments from the reds, their still living in total denial that this is happening, its going to be great when the build starts and their heads all fall off.
Remember when they were winning everything and the pat on the head to blues was ‘it’s great for the City’
Well guess what lurkers

The fuss that will be made of it during the build, as it approaches completion and as it opens will be unbearable for some.
Whats funny is no matter what they win, we still get to them, and our connection we have with city that they don't have, is critical.
The less then 6,000 regional season ticket holders must be livid.

That is what annoyd me what is there to preserve as that bloody historic crowd make out. The plan incorporates the water tower an clock tower. Did that history say anything about the sewage plane, warehouses or timber storage?