2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very a very worrying statement from Carlo. Reaffirms my belief that we have no plan B.

“the pressure they put really high on our centre-backs meant we didn't have the opportunity to use possession to create opportunities”
I’m not sure there’s another PL team that plays like we do. There’s no effective or co-ordinated press, it’s not how we play.

On the flip side we struggle against any teams with an effective press and struggle to pass our way through it.

It’s not hard to work out the best way to play against us. Parker basically just did what Steve Bruce did. Put centre backs under pressure, cut down angles into midfield and bully us into mistakes.

I’m amazed everyone doesn’t do it.

let’s swap him for Gary megson
People have to understand if Carlo can’t do it no one can.

I just pray Carlo will now have no mercy on certain players and we stick with our best players available from now on. No more keep everyone happy sentiment and stop the rotating.

Not great reading this thread. People having a proper moan about the best manager we have had since Kendall. He got burgled this week? We beat Spurs 5-4 in the cup after extra time? Fulham put on their A game. It happens. We will beat City midweek.

People just showing concern over being out performed on all aspects by 18th placed Fulham. Nothing wrong with that. Carlo bring burgled got nothing to do with us being unable to deal with crap teams who press us high up the pitch and completely nullify our play, as sh1tty for him as it is. If it was a one off game fair enough but it’s not.

Delighted we got a win against Spurs and he’s took us to another quarter final. He’s the best manager we are likely to have so we do need to be fair with him but these results against the lesser sides at home, in particularly the performances and tactics should not just be simply brushed under the carpet. It’s a big problem.

Of course tiredness isn’t a factor in this result, just like it wasn’t in Man U or Spurs games this weekend. The common denominator, 120 high intensity minutes of cup tie football in midweek. Maybe Carlo is right, what a shock that would be, one of the top managers in football knowing more about what the problem was than some lads on the internet.
Close the forum then shall we? And all just agree that the board/manager/players must know better than us.

Mate we put in the exact level of performance against Newcastle at home having just pretty much had a two week rest. Same against West Ham after the City game was postponed.
Oh mate Newcastle was bad , really bad.
But we arent the only club that have had the odd bad performance this season.
Every club bar City have had them in this crazy season , its almost every week we see it. Utd just about got a draw with WBA earlier.
Our performances & results agst Spurs , Chelsea, Manutd away Leeds away Leicester home & away Wolves away Arsenal plus Liverpool shouldnt be forgotten.
It was real bad tonight & Fulham where superb btw ,but I honestly could see it coming , 5 games in 15 days is way too much for this squad .
And I'le say it again the manager should not be judged until he all the players he wants in. Our fringe players really arnt good enough.

People just showing concern over being out performed on all aspects by 18th placed Fulham. Nothing wrong with that. Carlo bring burgled got nothing to do with us being unable to deal with crap teams who press us high up the pitch and completely nullify our play, as sh1tty for him as it is. If it was a one off game fair enough but it’s not.
Ok Jim

And if you ask me, I would play the C team against City and go all out at Anfield. We may never have a better chance to win there

Is it really a good chance to win there? No one's out playing them. There's just been some terrible individual mistakes from the goalkeeper.

They are better in every single position than us and worse still they will raise their game for a Derby.

Hes protecting the team.

He cant keep setting us up so open in games though. Forget what the league table says, we will be overrun if we do.
In what way were we "open" today? Or against Newcastle, twice? Or Southampton? Or Leeds? Or Leicester? We didn't push forward at almost any point in those matches.

We have almost no attacking.... Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.