Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If ive looked right, we have 22 wins in a row v these in the league at home

Thankfully i can count lol

Everton have won all 14 of their home Premier League matches against Fulham, the best 100%-winning record of any team versus an opponent on home soil in Premier League history.

Since March 1961, Everton have won 22 consecutive home top-flight matches against Fulham – the longest ever home winning run for a team against an opponent in top-flight history, six longer than any other (Aston Villa v Sheffield United, 16 between 1903-1921).

The home team has won 23 of the 29 Premier League meetings between Everton and Fulham, although the Toffees won 3-2 at Craven Cottage earlier this season.

Fulham have never won an away league match against Everton in 27 attempts (D4 L23) – in Football League history, the only two teams to play more away games against an opponent without winning are Fulham themselves versus Arsenal and Grimsby Town against Blackburn (both 28 without a win).

It'll be a tough game in the sense of it depends what we have available.

I can see Pickford coming back in if fit.

Will he risk playing Coleman up against the pace of Lookman or go with Holgate. Digne trudged off very gingerly on Thursday so does Godfrey move back over. Mina and Keane looked really shaky, Keane in particular has had 2 really poor games. Ideally I would have liked to have seen Godfrey and Mina for this one.

Hopefully Gomes and Allan come back into contention which really then offers us a multitude of options in midfield. If Rodriguez is fit he simply has to take Iwobis place who has offered nothing but a headache lately.

King I think will play on the left and Richarlison up top. It would be very difficult to rest Gylfi after a goal and 3 assists unless he needs a rest.

What's imperative is that we ideally get at them rogjt from the start and wrap up the 3 points asap. Anything happens to Richarlison and we are in big trouble for options depending how long DCL is out for.

Ideally 5-0 up at half time and rest the main players 2nd half to prepare for City.

We're Everton though so we know that won't happen lol

great kick off time on valentines day ... will have to miss this one

I guess the team just depends on injuries and who's recovered, any word on digne, gomes, james and dcl?

could be a threadbare side

-----------------Olsen--------------

Holgate---Mina---Keane---Godfrey

Iwobi---Davies---Sig---Doucoure---King/Bernard

----------------Richarlison------------

That should be enough for a win though. Be good to see Nkounkou get some minutes

Hopefully Richy is played through the middle and has a stormer.

Be interesting to see if our style of play changes with DCL out as normally its all about hitting crosses into the box whereas with Richarlison I could see us playing it a bit more on the ground similiar to Bernards goal against Spurs.

It'll be a tough game in the sense of it depends what we have available.

I can see Pickford coming back in if fit.

Will he risk playing Coleman up against the pace of Lookman or go with Holgate. Digne trudged off very gingerly on Thursday so does Godfrey move back over. Mina and Keane looked really shaky, Keane in particular has had 2 really poor games. Ideally I would have liked to have seen Godfrey and Mina for this one.

Hopefully Gomes and Allan come back into contention which really then offers us a multitude of options in midfield. If Rodriguez is fit he simply has to take Iwobis place who has offered nothing but a headache lately.

King I think will play on the left and Richarlison up top. It would be very difficult to rest Gylfi after a goal and 3 assists unless he needs a rest.

What's imperative is that we ideally get at them rogjt from the start and wrap up the 3 points asap. Anything happens to Richarlison and we are in big trouble for options depending how long DCL is out for.

Ideally 5-0 up at half time and rest the main players 2nd half to prepare for City.

We're Everton though so we know that won't happen lol

....mmm, not sure of the ‘risking Coleman’ against Lookman logic. I’d actually wager Coleman is quicker than Holgate, I don’t think Holgate is a speedy type at all. Also, Lookman will stand defenders up, in similar fashion to Beagrie and I think I’d trust Coleman more to match him.

Just a personal view, but in a game where we’ll be looking to create I’d definitely go with Coleman, especially if Digne hasn’t recovered from injury. i know it’s not popular on here, but I’d generally go with Coleman over Holgate anyway.

I think Holgate has failed to nail down the right-back spot and the club
will buy one in summer. Holgate is not a centre-back in my opinion- too weak in
the air- so I see him as a squad player like Tom Davies.

All of that said, Holgate is better than Seamus at this point. Holgate has an edge, is quick
and is stronger in the air though quite useless as an overlapping right-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.