Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to think King, Allan, Gomes and James will be coming into the side.
will be interesting to see if Richy places up front or will it be King who leads the line?
everton 3-1

They’re a tough team to beat.

Olsen
Holgate Mina Keane Godfrey
Davies Doucoure Digne
Iwobi Richarlison James

Would be the team I’d go with, depending on James’ injury.

We need to focus on this game. If that means we're too tired for City in midweek so be it. This is a game we need to win. Strongest possible team out, and then maybe squad players against City, which may not matter as much as it will be backs against the wall stuff, whereas in this game we need to dictate the tempo.
Play our strongest possible team available EVERY game. The points are the same whether we play Man City or Sheffield United.
We should not underestimate any team, but we should not fear any team either.

Play our strongest possible team available EVERY game. The points are the same whether we play Man City or Sheffield United.
It's not a question of fear, it's that we will need to be more creative against Fulham whereas we will need legs against City, so players like Rodriguez and Siggurdson can help us against Fulham but aren't necessarily what we need against City.

We need to focus on this game. If that means we're too tired for City in midweek so be it. This is a game we need to win. Strongest possible team out, and then maybe squad players against City, which may not matter as much as it will be backs against the wall stuff, whereas in this game we need to dictate the tempo.

Depends on what you define as the strongest team. If the best players are running on empty then they aren't the strongest team - and way more likely to aggravate minor knocks and pick up longer term injuries if the conditioning and time to rest isn't there.

King, Mina, Rodriguez and possibly Bernard may well come in if DCL is injured and Rico looked spent after the Spurs game. Not sure what the options are to rotate out Davies or Doucore though.

It's not a question of fear, it's that we will need to be more creative against Fulham whereas we will need legs against City, so players like Rodriguez and Siggurdson can help us against Fulham but aren't necessarily what we need against City.
Perhaps I didn't phrase that correctly. I don't necessarily mean play the best players every game. Obviously tactics may change depending on the opponents, but we should play the strongest possible team to suit those tactics.

I do think an early goal would be massive for us. We started slowly on Wednesday which nearly cost us. We started slowly against Newcastle and never got going. If we can get into them, and get a goal then the tiredness will disappear and we can win the game.

I do think an early goal would be massive for us. We started slowly on Wednesday which nearly cost us. We started slowly against Newcastle and never got going. If we can get into them, and get a goal then the tiredness will disappear and we can win the game.
I agree about the early goal, otherwise we may start get that feeling like about west ham/Leeds/Newcastle, 3 games i thought we would win, i expect us to win this [3-0/3-1], but the longer it goes 0-0 the more you always think this will be Everton and conceed late

I agree about the early goal, otherwise we may start get that feeling like about west ham/Leeds/Newcastle, 3 games i thought we would win, i expect us to win this [3-0/3-1], but the longer it goes 0-0 the more you always think this will be Everton and conceed late
If we can set the tempo like we did at Craven Cottage we can win. They're on a decent run, mainly draws, but their confidence will be dented if we get a goal up.

If we can set the tempo like we did at Craven Cottage we can win. They're on a decent run, mainly draws, but their confidence will be dented if we get a goal up.
Fulham have not won for 12 league games, another thing Everton usually have a helping hand in, 8 draws in there last 12 games [defeats to city/man utd/chelsea Leicester]

Status
Not open for further replies.