Match Thread Leeds United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. And the commentator saying that earlier in the season it might have been given. Ffs! that's a penalty at any stage of any season. Had the VAR ref gone the bar?
Like if the ref had of looked at the stadium screen at the replay he could have then made an enquiry. Something really dodgey going on with VAR. So so ironic it was meant to take the controversy out of the game. Its amplified it by 100.

we need our injured centre halfs back. Two soft goals in first half gave you the game. I think we are safe and wont be so soft defending next season. Good game Roberts should have scored at the end.

Had to dig deep there, the annoying thing is how poorly we offered up their first goal. If they'd got one from that flurry of Olsen saves I'd have been like fair enough.

How didn't we get a pen for that handball off the free kick? The commentators were bemoaning our players not protesting enough but it's VAR's job to check things like that so the game can flow in the meantime.

Made up Dom has scored finally, he really should have buried that one on about 85 mins though. Wouldn't have had to gnaw my fingernails down to my elbows if he had.

Overall, fantastic win away, it literally means nothing though if we don't back it up with a few more wins on the spin. United away will be very tough, but these days I'm more confident away than I am home.

Has to be Godfrey or Doucoure for MOTM, unbelievable effort from both tonight. Gonna go Doucoure myself.

If only you were a blue then Sassy!! Beautiful days those for the only Everton fan in my whole school..
I would have been 9 and my love for football had not flourished yet, not until I was 13, so I am afraid I may have not appreciate those Everton days as much as do now lol

Wow, the only Everton fan at your school, at what city was that?

we need our injured centre halfs back. Two soft goals in first half gave you the game. I think we are safe and wont be so soft defending next season. Good game Roberts should have scored at the end.

Calvert-Lewin should have scored at the end as well mate, 3-2 to the mighty blues xoxoxoxox

Deffo a bit of a headache for Carlo, Keane has been our best centre - half this season, Godfrey deserves to keep his place in the middle, Mina been really good of late and brilliant tonight, rather Carlo than me to sort that one out.

yeah neither of the 3 deserve to lose their place to be fair, that’s where a good manager comes into play, went with Godfrey tonight for pace and power, wouldn’t surprise me if he went Keane/Mina on Saturday with the expectation that Cavani will play up top for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.