Homepage Article Ellis Simms Joins Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad he's going on loan, a loan to Blackpool did wonders for Coleman, with Branthwaite going out and now Simms, I wonder if that shows were looking to start promoting the youth, wasn't that a Brands thing when he joined that he likes to be able to bring players through

Going start looking silly if we have kid smashing them in for PSG and a kid tearing up the championship and we are starting Sigurdsson as a striker.

A good move for him , Neil Critchley at Blackpool is a decent coach despite his RS background, so he’ll know Simms well. Mid table League1 is about right. I like Simms but he’s still very much a work in progress, far from PL ready , would likely struggle to get starts in a decent Championship side .
I think he’ll likely do well at Blackpool , if so maybe he becomes Championship loan next season still only 20 then. The worry , as others have mentioned, is that his contract is up end of June. We’ve been bitten by giving too long contracts to youngsters in the past but I think he’s worth a two year contract and accept he’s a slow burner , see what comes of it.

Some good adult game time. Hope he benefits as Coleman did and comes back world class.
Coleman was great before he was loaned out his debut v Spurs on as substitute - DM on radio Merseyside what a performance - the shirts his - we never saw him again - then out to Blackpool who tried to sign him - we stuck with Hibbert .......
DM did this with Osman too - till he heard rave reports about him at Derby in the days you could just grab a player back asap not like that today sadly........

Very happy for Simms

I still think that he could be a great prospect for us and going out on loan will help him get better experience

The only issue now is that we only have Tosun as backup which means we can’t sell him now unless we sign a striker this window

Maybe the zerkzee rumours do have legs

Find it a bit of a concern that he’s going to a lower table League One club in all honesty. It’s indicative of the huge jump he needs to make if he is to become a regular here, especially as he’s now 20.

....not sure if this now takes him to the end of his contract but I doubt we’ll see him in an Everton shirt again. Good luck to the lad.

It wasn't that long ago we paid a good few bob for Lookman from League One.
Exactly. And Branthwaite from League Two...

Dads army rules at EFC yet again Coleman's years were a waste as he had it in him every fan could see that .....DM the shirt was his after a great game v Spurs etc we never give youth a chance playing expensive donkeys like Tosun hey ho..... we sign older players past their best on long lucrative contracts - then wonder why we cannot get rid so dispense with Simms as Unsy rated him as the next Michael Owen who scores for fun ......
Josh Bowler wants away - we lack pace in the midfield, so we sign Delpth Mr sick note.... so on it goes it's not Carlo it's the DOF scrap that post as it's not working........ we had a USA left back plus Lookman sold for a mere 15 million ..... youth imo is being despatched to save on deadwood.... we ain't going to get rid of.....
Translation please @COYBL25....

Hopefully, though I wouldn’t hold my breath. His inclusion on the bench recently just seemed to be to make up the numbers, with Gylfi preferred ahead of him to start up front last time out.

We defo need another forward option IMO, but I doubt him leaving will have had an affect on it either way.
Sadly I think this is the case. In reality, his going doesn't leave a hole in our squad because he was never part of it.

However, that hole does exist and needs filling this window if we're going to have a realistic pop at top 4.

Coleman was great before he was loaned out his debut v Spurs on as substitute - DM on radio Merseyside what a performance - the shirts his - we never saw him again - then out to Blackpool who tried to sign him - we stuck with Hibbert .......
DM did this with Osman too - till he heard rave reports about him at Derby in the days you could just grab a player back asap not like that today sadly........
Your writing style is outrageously unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.