2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe holding on is the wrong phrase - but for every Wolves game all it takes is a flukey deflection or bounce in the box like Soucek got and you lose/draw the game.

We're defending well at present but you cant solely rely on that over a 38 game season and the league is very competitive this year probably more so than I've seen in a long long while.

Anyway I was laughed at for saying we needed another forward when we let Kean and Walcott go then soon as DCL is injured we have Sigurdsson playing as a target man. Lets see what happens.

I’m on your side with that, we need to strengthen and we will.

I fully expect him to leave before the summer.

Just not up to the job.

He cant sell many players for a decent profit, he comes across like he has no contacts or feel for the game in England to wheel and deal. His incomings have been mostly poor, some very poor. The moment the reins were grabbed from him by Ancelotti to buy a trio of key players we saw the upturn in fortunes. He's never been involved in decding when to get shut of a manager or who to replace them with.

The DoF role is not for this club. And even more so when we have an owner who likes to make major football decisions, and a manager who quite definitley knows his own mind on players and wont be sidleined by some theory that worked ok in Eredivisie.

Just not up to the job.

He cant sell many players for a decent profit, he comes across like he has no contacts or feel for the game in England to wheel and deal. His incomings have been mostly poor, some very poor. The moment the reins were grabbed from him by Ancelotti to buy a trio of key players we saw the upturn in fortunes. He's never been involved in decding when to get shut of a manager or who to replace them with.

The DoF role is not for this club. And even more so when we have an owner who likes to make major football decisions, and a manager who quite definitley knows his own mind on players and wont be sidleined by some theory that worked ok in Eredivisie.

If he leaves we have to go all in for Luis Campos.

Just not up to the job.

Brands said he inherited a squad of 40 players, worth £311.9m, but a squad of 27 players is now worth £456.3m.

Not up to the job tho, according to Dave, 64 from Leigh.

If it’s now accepted after Bills quotes last night that Carlo pushed for and got Allan, Jamo and the Duke. You’d wonder about Ben.

We seem to have went from Gabriel, Zouma, Tomori then Ben through the list. You’d wonder who proposed the signing -he was very impressive against us in the second game last year, manned DCL brilliantly.

Suppose it doesn’t really matter.

Brands said he inherited a squad of 40 players, worth £311.9m, but a squad of 27 players is now worth £456.3m.

Not up to the job tho, according to Dave, 64 from Leigh.

We've net spent about the same as the difference since he joined so I'm not massively surprised at that.

The key thing for me is that the players he's signed are mostly coming good now under a proper manager.

Are there even many bad Marcel signings now? Even Kean is worth more than we paid and is banging them in over there for one of the best teams in the world.

I suppose you could say Delph and Gbamin are the worst but Delph was always a relatively cheap gamble, and Gbamin is purely bad luck with injuries.

We've net spent about the same as the difference since he joined so I'm not massively surprised at that.

The key thing for me is that the players he's signed are mostly coming good now under a proper manager.

Are there even many bad Marcel signings now? Even Kean is worth more than we paid and is banging them in over there for one of the best teams in the world.

I suppose you could say Delph and Gbamin are the worst but Delph was always a relatively cheap gamble, and Gbamin is purely bad luck with injuries.
Careful now.

THEY dont like people giving Brands praise.

Also Iwobi, Bernard, Gomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.