2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had moments when he first joined of what he could do. As time has passed those moments have got further and further between. Always been eager to see him do well, as he’s the type of intelligent-like we’ve needed. Sometimes I can see what he’s trying to do but doesn’t have the consistency to execute it.

also rare you find a player that is slow, small abs weak who makes it in England. If you’re small, then you need to be quick. Or if your slow, then you need to be strong. He doesn’t have any of the three to help him succeed.

I say this despite having a soft spot for him. Every now and then a game suits him and he can look a a player, but it’s way, way to occassional. He isn’t a bad footballer, just not suited to a fast, physical game. He has lacked confidence for a long time now as well and nobody has put faith in him to give him a run of games to get it back too. He’s opened up about having mental health troubles too. Maybe the best thing for him is a slower league, different culture, a fresh start.
Genuinely don’t doubt his effort at all, just not fit for us.

don’t think I’ve wanted anyone to succeed for us as much as Bernie, but will be glad if he goes to Roma and does well.

He would have had a nice signing on fee as well. Are we forgiving Gomes who cost 22mil and is probably on 80k.

For me it doesn’t really come down to the fee or their wages ( obviously it’s a big deal to the club) if they ain’t good enough, they ain’t good enough. And Bernard definitely isn’t
You think Gomes is on 80k a week? Way off the mark mate, more like 110-120k

Very likeable lad. Work hard on pitch but eventually I have come to the conclusion he isnt what we need. He has always done his best work down middle in his career. Like a free role. He can be difficult to pick up and looks good driving into space that he can find. However he offers nothing out wide. He cant find the space. He doesnt have pace or power to go past defenders. He doesnt have the physicality to play out wide in modern premiership.

Carlo does not at with s free roaming player. James is our closest thing to that and he is different class. So for me we should look to sell and replace.

I don't hate him as a player, there is obviously some talent there.

The problem is he barely ever plays, then he may get a half, do alright and then not get seen again for 3 weeks.

He is one of our best paid players yet barely plays and when he does play he very rarely changes anything.

I don't hate him as a player, there is obviously some talent there.

The problem is he barely ever plays, then he may get a half, do alright and then not get seen again for 3 weeks.

He is one of our best paid players yet barely plays and when he does play he very rarely changes anything.
He’s played plenty of times in his first couple of seasons. He doesn’t play much now, for the reasons you said. 67 games in 2.5 years. We’ve Probably played about 100 games in that time.

I'd give him a go in the middle.

I'm not normally one to give it the 'bilyaletdinov' shouts. However, he can commit a man, which is something we've been lacking for a long time in the middle. If there's space to run into when he's got the ball, he will, and he can play some nice forward passes.

I'm not for one second suggesting he's the answer there, but I've seen flashes of stuff that suggest to me he could do well there. I mean, Gylfi has won about 3 tackles in 3 years, so, would Bernard offer a bit more going forward? Would he offer an Osman type role? Somebody who can take the ball deep, and immediately be looking to start an attack on the turn?

Worth a go, if you ask me. Certainly if it's a choice between him and Gylfi.

I'd give him a go in the middle.

I'm not normally one to give it the 'bilyaletdinov' shouts. However, he can commit a man, which is something we've been lacking for a long time in the middle. If there's space to run into when he's got the ball, he will, and he can play some nice forward passes.

I'm not for one second suggesting he's the answer there, but I've seen flashes of stuff that suggest to me he could do well there. I mean, Gylfi has won about 3 tackles in 3 years, so, would Bernard offer a bit more going forward? Would he offer an Osman type role? Somebody who can take the ball deep, and immediately be looking to start an attack on the turn?

Worth a go, if you ask me. Certainly if it's a choice between him and Gylfi.
Osman was small, not very quick. But streets ahead of Bernard. Why do we need to move him around. Once he’s failed in the attacking midfield role, what then Right back?

IMO If a player hasn’t made a place in the team his own in 2 seasons, then there’s no hope.

Osman was small, not very quick. But streets ahead of Bernard. Why do we need to move him around. Once he’s failed in the attacking midfield role, what then Right back?

IMO If a player hasn’t made a place in the team his own in 2 seasons, then there’s no hope.
Indeed.

maybe eventually he might work his way into the catering division at Finch Farm if we are patient enough with him.

only one who could get in behind the fridges to clean them properly.

You think Gomes is on 80k a week? Way off the mark mate, more like 110-120k
Jesus christ he spent all game smashing the ball off the nearest rotherham player last time out and then picked up a wage of 100 thousand pound sterling for it. People doing time for stealing a car worth 300. This fella practically did a bank job.

And the apathy these players show. Give me 3 grand a week and I'd be sticking my face into a swinging boot to block it with relentless intensity from the first and final whistle.

Had moments when he first joined of what he could do. As time has passed those moments have got further and further between. Always been eager to see him do well, as he’s the type of intelligent-like we’ve needed. Sometimes I can see what he’s trying to do but doesn’t have the consistency to execute it.

also rare you find a player that is slow, small abs weak who makes it in England. If you’re small, then you need to be quick. Or if your slow, then you need to be strong. He doesn’t have any of the three to help him succeed.

I say this despite having a soft spot for him. Every now and then a game suits him and he can look a a player, but it’s way, way to occassional. He isn’t a bad footballer, just not suited to a fast, physical game. He has lacked confidence for a long time now as well and nobody has put faith in him to give him a run of games to get it back too. He’s opened up about having mental health troubles too. Maybe the best thing for him is a slower league, different culture, a fresh start.
Genuinely don’t doubt his effort at all, just not fit for us.

don’t think I’ve wanted anyone to succeed for us as much as Bernie, but will be glad if he goes to Roma and does well.

To me is down to run of games and consistency.

Him and Digne shown countless times how good a partnership they are.

However...it's Richarlisons preferred position...so he's not gonna play as much

Status
Not open for further replies.