New Everton Stadium Discussion

The Echo know they aren’t popular with Evertonians and their primary focus is clicks, given that they’re a rag of a paper who don’t have any credibility.

RS fans give the Echo a lot more clicks than Evertonians do, so the articles in that rag reflect this.

Their Everton stories are all doom and gloom because they know RS fans love to read about our misfortunes. Contrast that with the RS stories in which everything is rosy and the Echo’s agenda becomes clear.

what is it you want them to write about?

Indeed Degsy, that's one of my points (articulated better than me ;-) ) - reality is you cant start building a stadium for the old world, to live in the new

Goodison park in a Covid world will be much worse than BMD in a Covid world, so regardless we need to have a stadium that increases capacity. The arrangement of the seats in the stadium can be changed in no time at all to allow for social distancing. If the world enters a new normal where Covid regulations are here to stay, it makes it all the more imperative that we build BMD, not less likely for us to do so.

Seeing as the article states the plans were resubmitted in October, they haven’t had the final plans to approve for 14 months, they originally had plans that were designed to cause a delay which have been reviewed and returned to the clubwho then fancied around again with more consultation.

They were meant to be getting looked at this month but this has been set back again due to what’s going on in the world. The club know exactly what they’re doing here and that’s why they’ve kept shut, the council aren’t responsible for any delays.

I had a 4 week wait from the council planning dept and that was only for a change of usage to my shop, so anything of this magnitude is gonna take longer than that.

On your points mentioned mate - yes they resubmitted plans in October but that was only with amendments such as the plaza, car park & height reduction - the bulk of the original plans still remain the same albeit scaled back.

On the 2nd point I dont know how you can blame the club for the delays when the Council continue to give dates then fail to meet them.

Unless the planning committee are helping deliver the testing/vaccination programme I dont see how Covid can drastically slow them down. If they can not remotely work / use the likes of skype/zoom/meetings software like the rest of businesses then they need replacing with people who can imo.

Goodison park in a Covid world will be much worse than BMD in a Covid world, so regardless we need to have a stadium that increases capacity. The arrangement of the seats in the stadium can be changed in no time at all to allow for social distancing. If the world enters a new normal where Covid regulations are here to stay, it makes it all the more imperative that we build BMD, not less likely for us to do so.

I respectfully disagree Jacko - goodison park is what it is and we are stuck with it. It's great, but I think we all understand it's limitations etc. When it comes to covid, for sure there is little we can do with Goodison other than tape up seats etc.

My point on BMD is no-one yet understands if stadiums are viable and the new requirements there will be in a long term living with Covid environment. Stadium designs might change significantly and more importantly the planning and regulations could shift massively. There is no incentive to try to start BMD tomorrow when we have no idea if it will be fit for modern purpose in 3 years time, in a long term living with covid world.

With all that said, it also gives great opportunity to deliver the most optimum stadium in the "new world" if heaven forbid we are stuck in a living with covid long term environment

I respectfully disagree Jacko - goodison park is what it is and we are stuck with it. It's great, but I think we all understand it's limitations etc. When it comes to covid, for sure there is little we can do with Goodison other than tape up seats etc.

My point on BMD is no-one yet understands if stadiums are viable and the new requirements there will be in a long term living with Covid environment. Stadium designs might change significantly and more importantly the planning and regulations could shift massively. There is no incentive to try to start BMD tomorrow when we have no idea if it will be fit for modern purpose in 3 years time, in a long term living with covid world.

With all that said, it also gives great opportunity to deliver the most optimum stadium in the "new world" if heaven forbid we are stuck in a living with covid long term environment

My point is that Goodison is amongst the worst stadiums in the UK at the top level for anything like what Covid requires. Football is and always will be a spectator sport, fans will return. If Covid is with us for 10-15 years, our club will be long gone by the time it is all done with if we stay at Goodison The only way we would survive is by having a stadium that would at the very least :-
A) Allow the maximum number of fans back in the ground (number of seats is not necessarily the limiting factor, it is circulation space in and around the ground)
B) Be an arena that has the infrastructure for the highest level of broadcast and immersive technologies.

If planning regulations shift, it will have no consequence on any planning applications that have already been passed. BMD is much more to Everton and Moshiri than a stadium, it is a statement of intent.

Fair and unbalanced reporting for one, calling out Klopp and FSG the same way they critique Ancelotti and Moshiri for another
They’ve won everything in sight the last couple of years. Do you want them to ignore it?
There was a time not so long ago when emperor Bill would have a stack of cease & desist letters all ready to go at the slightest hint of any form of criticism or questions raised from the likes of prentice etc

They can’t invent success stories

My point is that Goodison is amongst the worst stadiums in the UK at the top level for anything like what Covid requires. Football is and always will be a spectator sport, fans will return. If Covid is with us for 10-15 years, our club will be long gone by the time it is all done with if we stay at Goodison The only way we would survive is by having a stadium that would at the very least :-
A) Allow the maximum number of fans back in the ground (number of seats is not necessarily the limiting factor, it is circulation space in and around the ground)
B) Be an arena that has the infrastructure for the highest level of broadcast and immersive technologies.

If planning regulations shift, it will have no consequence on any planning applications that have already been passed. BMD is much more to Everton and Moshiri than a stadium, it is a statement of intent.

I get the logic Jacko but the post is a contradiction.

If the goal is to allow the maximum number of fans back into the ground, we know Goodison is not fit for this purpose, but we also have no idea of BMD is. Why would anyone build a new stadium right now, with no idea how one can maximise crowds and what those guidelines would be

What winds me up is that come next month LCC will have had 14 months in total to have gone through the plans including it being 5 months since the amendments went in which realistically were not massive changes to said original plans.

LCC are completely inept and its costing us valuable money and the city revenue the more they dither. Everton could have announced a naming rights deal with Uncle Uzzy right now had the stadium been granted which could have given us the FFP funds required to go out and sign a player who could take us into the top 4 this season.

Make no mistake their lazy incompetence is hurting the club financially.

Like I've done in regards to everything over the years we've said we're going to do, I believe it when it's in front of me in black and White mate.

They’ve won everything in sight the last couple of years. Do you want them to ignore it?
There was a time not so long ago when emperor Bill would have a stack of cease & desist letters all ready to go at the slightest hint of any form of criticism or questions raised from the likes of prentice etc

You rarely if ever see them call out Herr Funboy for his behaviour when things don’t go their way yet when Carlo got the red card post match that one time it was knives out. They pour scorn on any transfer rumours about us but do article after article when a player is linked with them

I get the logic Jacko but the post is a contradiction.

If the goal is to allow the maximum number of fans back into the ground, we know Goodison is not fit for this purpose, but we also have no idea of BMD is. Why would anyone build a new stadium right now, with no idea how one can maximise crowds and what those guidelines would be

The concourses at BMD have already been designed to be bigger than required for 53K seated fans, so as to allow for many more when/if rail seating is given the go ahead. In an ideal situation, for Covid, your capacity is driven by available seats, not by ability to move safely though concourse areas. Also, pedestrian modelling shows that it helps massively to have a number of check points to ease and maintain flow of people into stadiums, these cannot be implemented safely around Goodison due to the nature of the surrounding streets, but can be on the 'fan park' of BMD.

We need to also bear in mind that any build is going to take a coupe of years, by which time everything will be much clearer. If everything is back to 'normal' then we've not wasted any time, if everything isn't back to normal, then we still have a much better stadium in which to enact Covid regulations.

Mate some the bias from that paper of late has been jaw dropping to be honest.

The concourses at BMD have already been designed to be bigger than required for 53K seated fans, so as to allow for many more when/if rail seating is given the go ahead. In an ideal situation, for Covid, your capacity is driven by available seats, not by ability to move safely though concourse areas. Also, pedestrian modelling shows that it helps massively to have a number of check points to ease and maintain flow of people into stadiums, these cannot be implemented safely around Goodison due to the nature of the surrounding streets, but can be on the 'fan park' of BMD.

We need to also bear in mind that any build is going to take a coupe of years, by which time everything will be much clearer. If everything is back to 'normal' then we've not wasted any time, if everything isn't back to normal, then we still have a much better stadium in which to enact Covid regulations.
Stop talking common sense.