New Everton Stadium Discussion

The AGM is in a couple of day. I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear that this project has been put on a hiatus.

Hiatus no - but I fully expect a line similar to the below....

"While the club, LCC and all other parties remain 100% committed to development of the BMD stadium, it has become clear that all parties need to understand the UK's roadmap to fully exit Covid and return fans safely to grounds. As such we are pausing the project until we have this further understanding"

"While the club, LCC and all other parties remain 100% committed to development of the BMD stadium, it has become clear that all parties need to understand the UK's roadmap to fully exit Covid and return fans safely to grounds. As such we are pausing the project until we have this further understanding"
I mean thats literally a hiatus mate.

Boris could build BMD, with his own cash and bare hands & he knows he wont win votes in Liverpool. I fear the city will be outside of his plans for levelling up as per usual. At the end of the day there is nothing in it for them
It doesn't necessarily matter about winning votes in Liverpool - it's about being able to brag that he looked after the 'North' to the other Northern cities.

Absolutely no way the politics cooks this. In my view, it would only be the money side of it that can hold this back, but in saying that, never has there been cheaper debt awash in the system because of all of the quantitative easing that Governments are pumping into the system.

It's merely the slow moving bureaucracy of an incompetent LCC that is holding this up.

Just ask yourself why would we wait? The naming rights alone would more or less cover the yearly repayments of the stadium. So if the cost is null why would we delay?

That's before you think that more people would be safely allowed back to a stadium like BM compared to the cramped surroundings of Goodison. The hospitality areas would be ideal to help with this and people would be paying more so it's not unthinkable that with a 5/10 thousand crowds we could still bring in as much as we were at Goodison when it was full.

It doesn't necessarily matter about winning votes in Liverpool - it's about being able to brag that he looked after the 'North' to the other Northern cities.

Absolutely no way the politics cooks this. In my view, it would only be the money side of it that can hold this back, but in saying that, never has there been cheaper debt awash in the system because of all of the quantitative easing that Governments are pumping into the system.

It's merely the slow moving bureaucracy of an incompetent LCC that is holding this up.
It certainly is the slow-moving bureaucracy of an incompetent LCC.

If Liverpool were planning to build BMD, does anybody think they’d still be waiting for a planning meeting decision after almost 13 months? How long did planning for their stadium in Stanley Park take?