Michael Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number_25

Player Valuation: £50m
Not a 'rumour' but a thought, watching him come on today against Blackpool made me wonder whether he'd be interested in a move to Goodison. David Moyes has a great record of getting has-beens back to their best and Owen must want to atleast have a chance of Euro 2012.

He's still got pace and that finishing prowness, never mind that he's an ex-Red.

Would you as fans be interested?

No. He's always relied on his pace, which is now all but completely deserted him. I think he'll retire and get more involved with his horses rather than play for a Stoke/Norwich, who'll be the type of clubs willing to take him on.

Alright Dom, you on the glue lad?

Well compare him to Saha, he does more work, has better finishing, more determination, and a better attitude, plus he is a year younger...

...So why not? Saha has proven to be useful, Owen looks like he is less injury prone. Also despite the recent years, he is still a "big name" signing.

NO. he had already said he won't join a 'smaller' club than man UTD. Search the archives, I posted it.

Well compare him to Saha, he does more work, has better finishing, more determination, and a better attitude, plus he is a year younger...

...So why not? Saha has proven to be useful, Owen looks like he is less injury prone. Also despite the recent years, he is still a "big name" signing.

Dom, bostik or super lad? Pass it when you've finished please.

Basically, what we need is a goal scorer. A proven goal scorer who has experience in the premier league. So who better? Can anyone think of any player who is on a free, who has a better scoring record in the prem?

We have tried sticking with our own players like Anichebe and it hasnt worked, going into the lower leagues with Beckford, and it hasnt exactly worked.

We need a striker suited to the Prem

on a free, playing for a fraction of his wages (or a pay as you play deal), then sure I'd welcome him.

However if we are going to spend any real money, I would much rather us go after a player with promise and a future more than a big name with a handful of quality games left in the boots...

Status
Not open for further replies.