2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nearly pissed myself when McManaman sounded amazed with how fast he was when he made that last charge.

Like, is that not the very first thing you see about him when you watch him ?

He's pace is a huge asset, and he has a bit of bite about him too.

As mentioned, let's not get carried away but he's doing damn fine for a lad who has played in all sorts of unexpected roles since he was signed.

Amazing how different he has looked since that first appearance at RB where he looked completely lost. Very impressed.

His first appearance was the derby when he came on and put Mane in his back pocket. He’s had one bad game which was the one after that against Southampton and he conceded a pen against Fulham. Other than that he’s not put a foot wrong .

He’s coming along nicely isn’t he? Big powerful unit, extremely quick as well. Nice to see a bit of pace in the back 4 with him and Holgate. Always got the chance to recover from a mistake when you have pace. I think in time he and Holgate will be our first choice centre back pairing.

He is starting to look like his highlight youtube video, fast, aggressive, high stamina, let's be honest it was a big step up and the transfer fee adds to the pressure, this lad could end up being a machine for us, stacks of potential its very positive

Makes such a difference having pace in the fullback positions. Some errors that would have been fatal had Baines or Coleman of previous seasons made them are just rectified immediately by Godfrey or Holgate with a bit of recovery pace. I know we lose a bit going forward but I’m a fan of fullbacks who just defend first. It keeps the team far more solid and Keane and Mina know they’re not going to be getting pulled out wide all the time. Gives Iwobi the confidence to try stuff as well knowing Coleman hasn’t already bombed on ahead of him.

Colossus last night, in an unnatural position - kept the rent boys at bay, and upset super Werner so much that he had a little bitch fit - well done lad.

Will get even better for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.