2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only time will tell. We have bought two immediate players to go in. Allan and rodriguez. They have added. Other two. Doucoure, to early to judge. Godfrey. Possible one for a year or two time. Though i am concerned we are making some usual errors. 50m for two players relegated isnt good.
I want to see if ancelloti can attract players over the next two windows. Only then do i think it will go either way.
I cant stress enough how much i have given up on this squad pre ancelloti. Vastly overpaid and overated 90% of them.
Very true. I’m also concerned though that ancelottis clout in the transfer market appears to be with ageing players. The higher profile names were linked with, usually ex players of his, are all on the way down rather than the way up. The players on the way up, like a richarlison, is likely to leave this summer, and a failure to get into Europe could also mean the loss of Digne. Who knows about DCL. Some fans are saying he needs windows, but those windows could also go against us if we don’t get immediate results.

We haven’t improved, look at the run of form we’re on! The 4 game winning streak is the anomaly over his time here.

Ancelotti himself said that Europe is the objective. Failure to get it will be failing by his own admission.

The manager’s decisions are playing a big part in this unacceptable run of form.

Yeah, why?
Because you said we hadn't, do keep up.

Well in nkounkous case he is getting cup games. I think some forget he never played a single senior league game for marseille before he arrived. I think he's looked ok in cup games but who knows. Ancelotti has been a manager for 25 years in 5 top leagues. If he's not seeing something in him day to day YET behind the scenes got to go with that i suppose.
Lookman doesnt look a real loss now tbh.

"Blessed are those who have not seen, but yet believe". Every manager, no matter how good he is, will make mistakes. In Bayern, he had minimal confidence in Kimmich, and overlooked his talent. He has also never been known to give young players much playing time, and prefers older established players. That is of course perfectly fine, but then we must also acknowledge that we will hardly invest very much in young talents under Ancelotti's leadership.

"Blessed are those who have not seen, but yet believe". Every manager, no matter how good he is, will make mistakes. In Bayern, he had minimal confidence in Kimmich, and overlooked his talent. He has also never been known to give young players much playing time, and prefers older established players. That is of course perfectly fine, but then we must also acknowledge that we will hardly invest very much in young talents under Ancelotti's leadership.

No doubt over his 25yr career as a manager people will always pull out players he should of played. Fair to say the fella hasnt done that bad picking his own selections.
And let face it. With every team that isnt on a good run its always those who are not in the team who will have suddenly become the difference.
Nature of the beast.

Because you said we hadn't, do keep up.
We haven’t improved in terms of a team, look at the lack of system and one clean sheet all season, but we have improved personnel. That actually makes it more worrying because Ancelotti should be doing a lot better than he currently is.

PL is going to be a 2-3 year process at best and we'll need a bit of luck too ! Carlo's priority should be that League Cup QF. A Cup this year or next would be a great springboard. The club is desperate for some silverware .... best opportunity is the LC now !

No doubt over his 25yr career as a manager people will always pull out players he should of played. Fair to say the fella hasnt done that bad picking his own selections.
And let face it. With every team that isnt on a good run its always those who are not in the team who will have suddenly become the difference.
Nature of the beast.
Yep,old Taggart at man utd for all his glory made some monumental cock ups in the transfer market.

Nature of the beast.

I do not think they will make any difference in the short term. We also do not know why they are not used. But my point was that it could just as well be due to Ancelotti's erroneous assessments of them, and his philosophy of using established players.

Status
Not open for further replies.