2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought he could be a good defender, but I’m now convinced he won’t be. He seems to have got slower and doesn’t read situations quickly enough to compensate. I think it’s time for Holgate, Godfrey and Keane to make up the centre backs. Mina sadly seems to have regressed imo

He's capable of very good performances, we've seen it with our eyes. Just him and Keane are clearly an awful partnership, neither has any recovery pace and both are guilty of ball-watching too much. Holgate is the link, we've always seen the best of Yerry and Big Mick when he's the one partnering them.

Deserves to be third-choice based on his form this season, and unless he starts putting in some good showings we should sell him next summer. Huge wages like his should mean consistency.

In the short term he’s an ok option to bring off the bench should the opposition start peppering the box late on but shouldn’t be in the first 11 as a starter.

As others have said when you’re so slow on the turn you’ve got to be one/two steps ahead in terms of anticipation but he just doesn’t sense danger - the goal yesterday was poor - to be caught so flat footed on the edge of the box just isn’t good enough.

Our much heralded purchases from Barcelona are looking like a 33% hit ratio.

In the short term he’s an ok option to bring off the bench should the opposition start peppering the box late on but shouldn’t be in the first 11 as a starter.

As others have said when you’re so slow on the turn you’ve got to be one/two steps ahead in terms of anticipation but he just doesn’t sense danger - the goal yesterday was poor - to be caught so flat footed on the edge of the box just isn’t good enough.

Our much heralded purchases from Barcelona are looking like a 33% hit ratio.
Look, we could sign Messi and make him turn instantly average.

Fringe players at Barca are that for a reason as their first eleven and la Masia products are usually enough in La Liga and Champs League.

Gomes and Mina especially were never anything more than fillers at Barca for me, thus slightly better than average. Digne had Alba to contend with so understandably chances were limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.