2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of a random observation but I think Mina would look quite good in an very defensive team that plays with a deep line and compact defence without a lot space. He’s really good in the air and looks better when he’s in close proximity to other defenders/team mates.

That’s not a style we’ll play under Carlo (thankfully). I honestly think he’s good enough to be a Premier League defender which is more than any of us could ever dream of saying but I just don’t think he’s good enough to help take this club to the next level.

I really don’t want to spend time following a loss being critical but how slow he reacted to their first goal was incredibly worrying. When Mina has to much space or time we see his positional sense and speed get found out to easily.

Feel like he's getting worse. Just so slow and leggy. He will surely be out once Holgate is fit?
True but that’s only part of it, slow centre halves are nothing new. Usually they pick up little tricks of the trade, ways of minimising the number of times their deficiencies get exposed. This guy has literally nothing. Get Holgate in and Branthwaite and Godfrey as back up. At least those players are learning on the job so their errors can be explained to a degree. Mina needs to transition to glue as quickly as possible

Mot half the player Yobo was though

Id agree with that. But i sort of get the comparison with a later yobo. Yobo was brilliant when he first came. And although there was an error in him he was great at defending.
Later on. I think i chewed the seat off in front of me in the upper bullens as like mina, now i was expecting an error.
Yobo was easly better though.

Very good if it is a physical game anything in the air he is fine probably why Fulham were reluctant to put a proper corner in same thing happened with Brighton
but when he comes up against pace its hold your breath time maybe he played today because of Mitrovic

Id agree with that. But i sort of get the comparison with a later yobo. Yobo was brilliant when he first came. And although there was an error in him he was great at defending.
Later on. I think i chewed the seat off in front of me in the upper bullens as like mina, now i was expecting an error.
Yobo was easly better though.

Yobo had some pace though, he could fix his clumsy errors. Yerry is like Yobo without the pace, when he makes a mistake someone else have to fix it for him

Status
Not open for further replies.