2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he plays for us again, so i hope he scores big numbers for PSG so when we do sell it can be for a profit.

Just don't get this logic me, say he smashes goals in all year for psg and he value goes up and get can sell for a profit
Then what?

We spend that money tryna to find another gem of a striker? If I goes to psg and does well we should be looking to get him going for us

Just don't get this logic me, say he smashes goals in all year for psg and he value goes up and get can sell for a profit
Then what?

We spend that money tryna to find another gem of a striker? If I goes to psg and does well we should be looking to get him going for us
The idea is that not all goal scorers are necessarily going to fit the types of chances a team creates, or what a manager wants a striker to do. The example I've used before is Ciro Immobile: He was not a good fit for Dortmund at all, even though both before and after his time there he was and is extremely productive both in terms of slotting and creating chances for others. But how they set up didn't work with how he plays.

So if Kean goes out and gets 25 this year, management has to decide if foregoing the massive amount of cash they can get for him is worth keeping him around as a substitute, or if they actually expect him to be challenging DCL for the starting xi. That cash could probably buy two younger players who fit the currently much more coherent style of the team. They wouldn't be guys who you'd expect to score 20 in a season, but if you don't expect that Kean would score 20 in this team with the other striker starting, he wouldn't either, and you are maximizing your return.
Also it would probably help with some FFP accounting stuff in a pretty large way.
I like Kean and hope he comes back to Everton and is successful, but if he gets a big return and the club can get a giant return out of that, given DCL continues to score for fun, selling would make sense.

The idea is that not all goal scorers are necessarily going to fit the types of chances a team creates, or what a manager wants a striker to do. The example I've used before is Ciro Immobile: He was not a good fit for Dortmund at all, even though both before and after his time there he was and is extremely productive both in terms of slotting and creating chances for others. But how they set up didn't work with how he plays.

So if Kean goes out and gets 25 this year, management has to decide if foregoing the massive amount of cash they can get for him is worth keeping him around as a substitute, or if they actually expect him to be challenging DCL for the starting xi. That cash could probably buy two younger players who fit the currently much more coherent style of the team. They wouldn't be guys who you'd expect to score 20 in a season, but if you don't expect that Kean would score 20 in this team with the other striker starting, he wouldn't either, and you are maximizing your return.
Also it would probably help with some FFP accounting stuff in a pretty large way.
I like Kean and hope he comes back to Everton and is successful, but if he gets a big return and the club can get a giant return out of that, given DCL continues to score for fun, selling would make sense.

But in my opinion if you've got a 20 year old striker going out to one of the world's best teams and smashing goals in you should he doing absolutely everything to keep him at the club. ( Hypothetically like as he hasn't done that yet )

I was one of the biggest fans of him, and was gutted when he went out on loan as he just hasn't been given the same chance as other strikers we've had over the years ( I include DCL in that )

Either way, if he does well it's a win win init, we make massive money or we get a young inform boss striker back

Jo scored twice on his debut, had 5 in his first 7 for us.. that ended well.
Moise is nowhere near the finished article and we werent in a position to accomodate his development with minutes on the pitch. Barring the couple of starts where we seen flashes of raw ability, the consistency wasnt there and more often than not he looked awful doing the basics.
However, shouldnt have let him go without having a replacement come in at least on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.