2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know it’s just bruising?
Just that Carlo used the term haematoma, but not strictly interchangeable with bruising. The common, flat bruises are ecchymoses, the raised ones/collections of blood- are called haematomas.
Maybe James did have a haematoma, but if wasn't particularly deep to muscle (probably had been scanned, and the prognosis was better), and it settled quickly.

Do we know it’s just bruising?

Carlo said on Friday...

Not definitely out. Fortunately I think his recovery was really good and he trained today, just a partial training session. Hopefully he will train on Saturday and we will see if he is in condition to play on Sunday. He’s really better now and we have confidence that maybe he can play. He had a big hematoma, he was not able to train until today. I hope tomorrow will be better. Today was quite good, but he had only partial training. I cannot tell you where, but he had a big hematoma. If he is comfortable in training on Saturday, he is going to play. If the hematoma goes down, he can play.

So no mention of it being muscular. I think it was in the website one on Thursday that he maybe said it was a knock and not muscular.

Just that Carlo used the term haematoma, but not strictly interchangeable with bruising. The common, flat bruises are ecchymoses, the raised ones/collections of blood- are called haematomas.
Maybe James did have a haematoma, but if wasn't particularly deep to muscle (probably had been scanned, and the prognosis was better), and it settled quickly.

Carlo stated in that bit with Joyce that the initial assessment (which took place on Monday) suggested he'd be out for a week (hence gonna miss the S'ton game).

Clearly the issue abated quicker than the initial prognosis suggested and that allowed him to train.

Fingers crossed. If he's fit enough to be involved I'd imagine Carlo wants him from the start.

James just posted this photo on twitter, we’re turning

Ignore me, I was queuing your logic but we’re at crossed purposes.

If he isn’t fit, I would let him recover fully rather than rush him back for one game and risk exacerbating the injury, leading to more missed games. He’s too important.

If he’s fit, then of course, play him - it’s only Newcastle next week. I’d have to be certifiable to advocate resting a fit James so he is fresh for the Toon.

Cool man.

This depends in no small amount from what Ancelotti does. If Don Carlo stays for a few seasons, James will stay. Also, believe it or not, Yerry plays a role as well. Colombians (Latin American people in general), value friendship and love in the work environment comparatively higher than people from other parts of the world. Sometimes above purely objective work indicators, including salary. James is like a kid who LOVES to play football (have you all seen his 10 year old videos?). He cares more about being valued and having the space to do what he loves, than about making more money.

The lads won everything already, been at the biggest clubs in world and felt what it's like to have a new manager come in and cast you aside. He's 29, loves playing under anchelotti, is absolutely adored by our fans, on massive wages and is the first name on the team sheet. I can't see any reason for the lad to want to leave.

I personally think his main concern is getting to the next world cup and it's no supries that that's when his 2 year deal runs out. I think he'll get to 2022 and see how his body feels, if he feels like he can carry on we can activate the extra year of his contract. I do have a feeling he'll retire after the world cup though.

The lads won everything already, been at the biggest clubs in world and felt what it's like to have a new manager come in and cast you aside. He's 29, loves playing under anchelotti, is absolutely adored by our fans, on massive wages and is the first name on the team sheet. I can't see any reason for the lad to want to leave.

I personally think his main concern is getting to the next world cup and it's no supries that that's when his 2 year deal runs out. I think he'll get to 2022 and see how his body feels, if he feels like he can carry on we can activate the extra year of his contract. I do have a feeling he'll retire after the world cup though.

At the age of 31/32..!?

I think he will play personally. It seemed as though he has no issue other than discomfort from the swelling which is ironic because most of us lot on here find it uncomfortable to watch James because of the swelling...

Status
Not open for further replies.