2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
We beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden though mate.

How certain players and the manager have managed to dine out on the competition since is a mystery.

But credit where credit is due sweden was the best game he has probably ever had. Made 4 or 5 top class stops.

I'm not bothered if he means it.

The point is that a massive pile is only going to be bad for Everton. Carlo recognises that.

Everton are looking great at the moment but we have a mentality amongst many in the fanbase of always focussing on the negative. And the personal attacks on one of our own players is bang out of order.

I've got feck all time for that. Let's all enjoy Everton being boss.

But its an Everton forum designed exactly for that purpose. If as a keeper he's making mistakes then its going to come up.
Very rarely see any personal attacks. Just the question is he good enough. Which is totaly fair.

It is the difference between somebody who knows what he is talking about and those who think they know what they are talking about.

CA in my opinion is satisfied with Jordan Pickford at this point. I think he realises that there other areas of the team which have to be improved and strengthened in depth before he looks at his goalkeeper.

In my opinion the goalkeeping position may be reviewed next summer... if necessary.

There is a knee jerk rea on on here when certain players make a mistake... which Pickford undoubtedly did .
GOT does knee jerk a lot, Specifically if we lose or when a player doesn't perform well but Pickford doesn't fall into any of these he's been making mistakes all last year as well, proper basic keeping mistakes, He's lucky he is still a starter because Lossl clearly seems to be terrible if he can't get a game.

But its an Everton forum designed exactly for that purpose. If as a keeper he's making mistakes then its going to come up.
Very rarely see any personal attacks. Just the question is he good enough. Which is totaly fair.
Personal attacks are commonplace on any player who falls out of favour ,on this forum and any other forum of any other team.
Virtual insults are the zeitgeist of the internet age. ( I do not exonerate myself from doing so on occasion either , sadly)

As much as we get so frustrated with Pickford, after calming down a bit , despite his brain farts, he has saved us on occasions too. One on one, he does make some incredible saves. I still agree we need a more reliable keeper though.

GOT does knee jerk a lot, Specifically if we lose or when a player doesn't perform well but Pickford doesn't fall into any of these he's been making mistakes all last year as well, proper basic keeping mistakes, He's lucky he is still a starter because Lossl clearly seems to be terrible if he can't get a game.
The mistake at Anfield always seems to get forgotten.

Personal attacks are commonplace on any player who falls out of favour ,on this forum and any other forum of any other team.
Virtual insults are the zeitgeist of the internet age. ( I do not exonerate myself from doing so on occasion either , sadly)

Agree.
I take the internet and social media all with a pinch of salt. Will never ever banish keyboard warriors so why even be bothered by them.

Exactly and he kept us in the spurs game but that’s soon been forgotten
True but do you not get the feeling its only a matter of time before he does this again and we haven't got a 5 goal cushion:
1601043094852.png

Mistake ridden keeper. Needs to be replaced unless a big form increase. I think he has over the last number of year started the nervous spell in matches that everton seem to have. It could be a simple poor pass out to opposition or a flap at a cross and the defense gets nervous and so on. Time and time again this has happened. He wont be england number 1 this time next year if the mistakes continue. He really needs replacing at this stage. Maybe that is the priority now.

Status
Not open for further replies.