Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose my concern would be: if he isn't good enough for Salzburg, why would/should we want him? Typically, anyone who IS good there gets the Leipzig transfer and then other clubs have to triple their outlay if they want him.

Of course, if you have legit insight then that's cool; just my two penneth, as it were.

It's a perfectly reasonable point. I mean RB Salzburg had a good team, and troubled Liverpool last year. I think they would have stayed up in the PL last season.

I think he is good enough to play for them, but they like to move players on. He plays semi regularly. Like Kean didn't play regularly, neither did Iwobi etc, so sometimes it's a bit more complex.

On loan, with an option to buy, as cover, I think he would be ok. I worry a bit about him on the turn.

I was thinking about that 31 players quote, and that could be telling in itself.

Pickford, Lossl, Virginia - 3

Coleman, Kenny, Digne, Nkounkou, Connelly - 5

Holgate, Keane, Mina, Branthwaite, Pennington - (Gibson already out on loan so not included) - 5

Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Davies, Sigurdsson, Delph, Gbamin, Besic, Baningime - (Markello already out on loan so not included) - 9

James, Bernard, Walcott, Iwobi, Gordon, Bolasie, Broadhead, Bowler - 8

Richarlison, DCL, Kean, Sandro, Tosun - 5

I make that 35, not including 2 out on loan.

So there's 4 there who aren't even considered part of the oversized squad he's looking to trim. Which 4? My guess is Pennington, Connelly, Broadhead and Bowler. Which means there are an additional 8-10 players we are looking to lose depending on incomings.

Im guessing, based on playing time so far across league and cup, that surplus players are:

Besic, Baningime, Walcott, Bolasie, Sandro and Tosun.

And we would listen to offers for:

Kenny, Delph, Sigurdsson, Davies

14 players is a huge amount to shift in 2 weeks, but I'm confident around 8 of the 14 will be gone by the time the window closes. But it does mean, if they don't all go, we might have to wait/make do for incomings till January, which would mean keeping some of them around to make up numbers.
You could add Adeniren to that list.

We have an extra week to offload to Lower English league so I think all the youngsters will find somewhere. I think we may only be left with one or two we don't want

Will be interesting to see if we can shift some players out. One good thing about having the window close while the season has started is that clubs who have started badly might see some of our players as worth a try.

If you are a Championship side or relegation threatened premier league side, the likes of: Bolasie, Walcott, Besic, Siggy might be tempting or Tosun in the hope he can slot a few goals as his finishing has looked decent just no pace.

Sandro has attracted interest in Spain so I am hopeful someone takes his wages on if nothing else

Not sure we need a RW. Got a feeling Nkounkou will force himself into a LW slot.
Gordon looks like he’s equally comfortable on the right. Richarlison can play right across the front too.

I’d say our absolute priorities are :
1st choice RB. Big, quick, strong.
1st choice CB. As above.
1st choice keeper.

Why is everybody wanting to move Nils around, after 2 very promising performances at Left Back?

Leave him where he is playing his natural game

I doubt any more will come in, if we don't sell anyone. Carlo more or less said that last night. 31 players is too many. Hopefully, Brands can shift a few this week.

That was random. Do we really need a CF?
Would be an excellent signing ,no doubt.
He would certainly give us options up front and add strength and depth to the squad.
But I can’t see him coming here to sit behind Calvert-Lewin in the pecking order.
Better clubs will be sniffing around him surely.
You never know I suppose.
Unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.