Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was thinking about that 31 players quote, and that could be telling in itself.

Pickford, Lossl, Virginia - 3

Coleman, Kenny, Digne, Nkounkou, Connelly - 5

Holgate, Keane, Mina, Branthwaite, Pennington - (Gibson already out on loan so not included) - 5

Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Davies, Sigurdsson, Delph, Gbamin, Besic, Baningime - (Markello already out on loan so not included) - 9

James, Bernard, Walcott, Iwobi, Gordon, Bolasie, Broadhead, Bowler - 8

Richarlison, DCL, Kean, Sandro, Tosun - 5

I make that 35, not including 2 out on loan.

So there's 4 there who aren't even considered part of the oversized squad he's looking to trim. Which 4? My guess is Pennington, Connelly, Broadhead and Bowler. Which means there are an additional 8-10 players we are looking to lose depending on incomings.

Im guessing, based on playing time so far across league and cup, that surplus players are:

Besic, Baningime, Walcott, Bolasie, Sandro and Tosun.

And we would listen to offers for:

Kenny, Delph, Sigurdsson, Davies

14 players is a huge amount to shift in 2 weeks, but I'm confident around 8 of the 14 will be gone by the time the window closes. But it does mean, if they don't all go, we might have to wait/make do for incomings till January, which would mean keeping some of them around to make up numbers.
Wish I had your confidence, Apart from a few young player loans e.g Brohadhead/Pennigton/Bowler be surprised if anyone else goes mainly Bolasie/Sandro/Besic.

Unfortunately, I am reliably informed that they have TVs and internet in Milan so I don't think that will work.
[/QUOTE

Im reliably informed they also have scouts in Milan,Barca and Manchester.

Doesnt stop them signing awful players though :p

There's Romero, Heaton and the veteran Caballero who may be able to be prised away relatively cheaply. It's if it can be done easily and quickly to our liking - possibly on loan, and whether they improve what we have in an error prone keeper, is the question.

Can Carlo work his magic on Pickfords temperament as it seems he lacks either concentration or common sense, making the right decisions at the right times, surely that can be coached and he can get better at it.

Carlo has transformed Michael Keane into a very decent centre half maybe he and his coaching staff have confidence they can improve Jordan enough to make it less of a problem. Half of it is surely psychological and not letting mistakes affect you later in the same game, after they've happened and it's gone and done with.

That second goal and his errors may have shown a lack of good decision making on the original cross with his confidence affected from the earlier clanger. Easier said than done but you can't change the past and need to forget it.

I dont think we should be signing 'backup' or short term solutions at goalkeeper.

Pickford is probably on £70-80k a week, weve been carrying players on over £100k a week who arent near the squad.

We signed him for £25-30mil so its about £6mil a season (hes signed a new contract since so it will be lower) and has been here 3 years.

His book value likely around £18mil today based on his original deal but more likely about £22mil based on his extension.

At the end of this season his value will be something around £15-18mil on the books. Then the euros when he may well have a stormer so we can offload him.

Theres 3 key first team positions we need to sign key players in, Right back, Centre back and Goalkeeper.

We should be looking for either 'the top tier' in all 3 or 'potentially' the best up and coming players proven in one of the top leagues.

Keepers are tricky, De Gea has gone from world class to ropey and still only 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.