Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everybody wanting to move Nils around, after 2 very promising performances at Left Back?

Leave him where he is playing his natural game

Because most people have never played wide full back and wide midfield and see that bale made a successful transition to left wing therefore should be easy enough to do and would love similar successes here. They forget bale was a toilet LB who was almost sold on before he moved to lm.

I was a pretty good left back. Dreadful left mid. The runs you have to make are totally different. The qualities you need are not highly correlated to that of a wide midfielder.

Why is everybody wanting to move Nils around, after 2 very promising performances at Left Back?

Leave him where he is playing his natural game
Agreed, but when Seamus came into the team first it was on the right wing until he had the experience to play at full back.
They might see his future at full back but his learning curve could be further up the field.

Because most people have never played wide full back and wide midfield and see that bale made a successful transition to left wing therefore should be easy enough to do and would love similar successes here. They forget bale was a toilet LB who was almost sold on before he moved to lm.

I was a pretty good left back. Dreadful left mid. The runs you have to make are totally different. The qualities you need are not highly correlated to that of a wide midfielder.

Agree 100% mate, made the same point in a previous post.

The positional discipline is completely different at LB / LM.

And part of the reason Niels was able to attack so well yesterday (and last week) was because he had Richarlison (Gordon previously) cutting inside onto their right foot and creating the space for him on the overlap. That facet is completely lost if we move Niels to left wing

Agreed, but when Seamus came into the team first it was on the right wing until he had the experience to play at full back.
They might see his future at full back but his learning curve could be further up the field.

But Seamus didn’t put in 2 top performances at full back before getting shifted to right midfield.

His case was the opposite of Niels. He played further forward in a position that was not natural to him and dropped back once he could be trusted defensively.

Niels is already playing in his natural position, and doing pretty well so I don’t see why we’d mess with that. He’s still getting forward from left back, so I don’t understand what people think we would gain from moving him further up the pitch.

Add to that the fact that we’ve already got Richie / Gordon to play left wing, and the Niels to winger shouts start to make even less sense. Pretty sure Coleman was shoehorned into RM because we didn’t really have a better option there at the time

It's like musical chairs for a loan at Chelsea. Zouma, Tomori, Rudiger.

Lampard is playing them off to keep them on their toes. His/their prerogative but we played that game last summer to no avail.

We should steer clear, they'll drag this out until the final hours of the window and then pull the plug.

Think they will see us as direct rival too this season too.

Would be very happy with Todibo option to buy at €18mil.

Cant lose
In that sense we can see how he cope's here, With as said he was not brilliant as schalke the games i seen of him, but things change and dont even have a clue how hes done at Barcelona, but looking he hardly played anywhere really with only been 20

Status
Not open for further replies.