Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a clear message to Brands and the club, that maybe we need to "blink" on prices/fees we are asking. I would say the one exception is at CB. It's perhaps contingent on Holgate/Brainthwaite's progress. I know one was 8-12 weeks and one was 3-5. The lower end is markedly different to the shorter end on both. The shorter end is Brainthwaite maybe able to take a place on the bench for the Brighton game, but definately fit for the derby and in Holgates case he's about a month away so not too long after that.

I took it to mean that the players not getting a look in should get on the phones with their agents to get moves.

It looks like weve got 3 games,

Palace
West Ham
Brighton

Then Branthwaite is back.

I think that ship has sailed. I'd also say, Rangnick will likely get him signed down to a long term deal.

Suffice to say though, I would suspend all other business, if it meant we could get him in.

Under a year on his deal...we should offer Pickford + cash and see what happens.

I doubt they would be asking a huge fee at this stage. Other option of course is pre contract in January so hopefully were trying for a verbal agreement with Raiola now.

Having Donnarumma would be amazing.

Under a year on his deal...we should offer Pickford + cash and see what happens.

I doubt they would be asking a huge fee at this stage. Other option of course is pre contract in January so hopefully were trying for a verbal agreement with Raiola now.

Having Donnarumma would be amazing.
Unfortunately, I am reliably informed that they have TVs and internet in Milan so I don't think that will work.

Its ok saying we need to get rid of players as we have so many, its actually hoping a Team is around to buy half the rubbish we have from over the years, or are we going to just let them run there contract down what's left of it for some

None of the players that are surplus are sellable really. Maybe Walcott as he has Premier League experience and has still performed to some degree at this level.

With the current climate majorly effecting lower league spending it’s going to be a tough ask for Brands to move any of the other players on.

There's Romero, Heaton and the veteran Caballero who may be able to be prised away relatively cheaply. It's if it can be done easily and quickly to our liking - possibly on loan, and whether they improve what we have in an error prone keeper, is the question.

Can Carlo work his magic on Pickfords temperament as it seems he lacks either concentration or common sense, making the right decisions at the right times, surely that can be coached and he can get better at it.

Carlo has transformed Michael Keane into a very decent centre half maybe he and his coaching staff have confidence they can improve Jordan enough to make it less of a problem. Half of it is surely psychological and not letting mistakes affect you later in the same game, after they've happened and it's gone and done with.

That second goal and his errors may have shown a lack of good decision making on the original cross with his confidence affected from the earlier clanger. Easier said than done but you can't change the past and need to forget it.

There's Romero, Heaton and the veteran Caballero who may be able to be prised away relatively cheaply. It's if it can be done easily and quickly to our liking - possibly on loan, and whether they improve what we have in an error prone keeper, is the question.

Can Carlo work his magic on Pickfords temperament as it seems he lacks either concentration or common sense, making the right decisions at the right times, surely that can be coached and he can get better at it.

Carlo has transformed Michael Keane into a very decent centre half maybe he and his coaching staff have confidence they can improve Jordan enough to make it less of a problem. Half of it is surely psychological and not letting mistakes affect you later in the same game, after they've happened and it's gone and done with.

That second goal and his errors may have shown a lack of good decision making on the original cross with his confidence affected from the earlier clanger. Easier said than done but you can't change the past and need to forget it.

Pickford lacks any real intelligence or the ability to concentrate.

Last night the whole team were on it from minute one except him.
One lapse of concentration nearly cost us big time.

He had nothing to do up to the first mistake.
The top goalies can do it from minute 1 to 90 without anything to do and be reliable.

This guy can't.

when we trim the squad that is currently at 31 players.

I was thinking about that 31 players quote, and that could be telling in itself.

Pickford, Lossl, Virginia - 3

Coleman, Kenny, Digne, Nkounkou, Connelly - 5

Holgate, Keane, Mina, Branthwaite, Pennington - (Gibson already out on loan so not included) - 5

Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Davies, Sigurdsson, Delph, Gbamin, Besic, Baningime - (Markello already out on loan so not included) - 9

James, Bernard, Walcott, Iwobi, Gordon, Bolasie, Broadhead, Bowler - 8

Richarlison, DCL, Kean, Sandro, Tosun - 5

I make that 35, not including 2 out on loan.

So there's 4 there who aren't even considered part of the oversized squad he's looking to trim. Which 4? My guess is Pennington, Connelly, Broadhead and Bowler. Which means there are an additional 8-10 players we are looking to lose depending on incomings.

Im guessing, based on playing time so far across league and cup, that surplus players are:

Besic, Baningime, Walcott, Bolasie, Sandro and Tosun.

And we would listen to offers for:

Kenny, Delph, Sigurdsson, Davies

14 players is a huge amount to shift in 2 weeks, but I'm confident around 8 of the 14 will be gone by the time the window closes. But it does mean, if they don't all go, we might have to wait/make do for incomings till January, which would mean keeping some of them around to make up numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.